Profile Picture

Probelms exporting to maya

Posted By thiagogita 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
thiagogita
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi Guys.
I followed the tutorial on the 3DXchange youtube channel but the thing is REALLY old. He mentions some file called "IClone_G5_STD_Character Template" for the correct controls in may. I have no idea where to find this file. Any suggestion or guides? 
Thank you in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I think you must be watching quite an old and outdated tutorial.

G5 characters were an older generation of avatars that have now been replaced with Character Creator (CC) characters. CC characters can be exported to Maya directly from Character Creator 3 Pipeline or using 3DXchange 7. Either product should export without any issues using the Maya export pre-set. You don't need any templates.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

thiagogita
thiagogita
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Peter (RL) (1/28/2021)
I think you must be watching quite an old and outdated tutorial.

G5 characters were an older generation of avatars that have now been replaced with Character Creator (CC) characters. CC characters can be exported to Maya directly from Character Creator 3 Pipeline or using 3DXchange 7. Either product should export without any issues using the Maya export pre-set. You don't need any templates.

Yes, the tutorial (and it's an official one ) is 8 years old. And even one made by a user (6 months old) also uses this G5 character.

Don't get me wrong, i can export into maya but I don't have any controllers (and when i load this G5 profile the controls sometimes appears but not with all the models). 

the official tutorial is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvE45CVtmQ 

I also tried exporting directly from Iclone (got better results overall) but still no control for the HumanIK.

Thank you for your fast reply.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Well if you do wish to try the method shown in the tutorial you can download the iClone_G5_STD_Character Template from the link in the video description. Just click "Show More" to find the link.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

thiagogita
thiagogita
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Peter (RL) (1/29/2021)
Well if you do wish to try the method shown in the tutorial you can download the iClone_G5_STD_Character Template from the link in the video description. Just click "Show More" to find the link.

Yes i did that and worked in some models. while other not. Not even the default character (without any morph) would work but weirdly that when i use a Monster morph pack and my char is really deformed, the G5 profile works (well sometimes missing 1 finger but that's not much loss).

Really frustrated that the documentation is outdated and i have to rely to the forum Tongue

I have to delivery a project for school next month and i washoping to use CC/iclone to do the work.

I will try with unreal to see if i have any better result.

Thanks again for your quick reply.
jason_760889
jason_760889
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
While searching around, I found the Maya instructions for Actorcore that covers setup includes a HIK file. Has a newer video and a step-by-step guide.
https://actorcore.reallusion.com/learn-and-support/my-software/maya/overview

Reading This Topic