Pricing issues?

Posted By DeepcutAdventure 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DeepcutAdventure
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So I'm really into iclone after only being about a week into a trial, and im looking at what my options are, great prices overall, but there seems to be some inconsistencies?

As of now, it looks like what I want is iclone 7, character creator, skingen, and headshot. There is one bundle that comes with all four for 890 dollars.

However, i can get character creator, skingen, and headshot for 499, and iclone 7 separately for 129, which is just 628 dollars as opposed to 890. Is there something i am missing? why is it priced higher as a bundle?

EDIT: And how much does iray actually cost? I never see its price listed on the site.
Edited
3 Years Ago by richardjohnhodges
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You are probably (just guessing) getting standard IClone for the $129 not Pipeline edition, which I spent about $600 when I bought IClone.

Since then I bought all the items you mentioned separately and don't want to know how much else I have spent.

Headshot Plug-in is the best plug-in I have bought and worth every penny, and even though they give you a trial to Generated.photos, I buy stock photos from depositphotos.com, and I buy 100 images at a time for $100 or even $80 during sales, and that is a better value to me. So it only costs $1 per character.

One thing to watch out for is don't buy characters smiling too much, or with too much hair or shadows on the face unless you are good at photo editing.

It was hard for me to justify the money as an amateur, but now I look back and a few years ago I was googling for animators to make a cartoon mouth make the motions I wanted.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Edited
3 Years Ago by Data Juggler
DeepcutAdventure
DeepcutAdventure
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)Veteran Member (665 reputation)

That doesn't quite answer my question, but there is some interesting info in there. Personally, I find headshot to be very disappointing. I thought it would be great to generate characters with hair but it only lets me do that in the 'fast' mode and not the 'pro' mode, which is the only way to get good looking characters. Even then, they don't look good enough for me to use, I'd rather just design them with various morphs and such.

What exactly does the 'pipeline' include? I have considered getting their bigger packages but after experimenting around it looks like iclone can do almost everything I want right in its self, and i plan to just produce 3d animations so don't really need to port things into other software as of yet, though if you felt the same way and found you had to, I'd love to know the story as it always helps to hear what roadblocks to expect down the road.
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Pipeline gives you the ability to Export. Without it, you can go from Character Creator to IClone, and that is about it I think. Someone else can answer the limitations better. You will want the Pipeline if you plan on bringing in your own content from Blender or other sources or if you want to export out of IClone and / or export for the marketplace. The Marketplace is where the community can sell each other content they have created.

I created these characters the 1st week I owned headshot.

I think they look pretty good. I don't have the ability or time to create characters from scratch. Male characters and older characters look better.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f28a0d47-0dcb-48e5-969e-7acc.png
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3d3da059-a9bb-48d4-8144-52df.png

I might spend 15 minutes counting the time to wait on Headshot Plugin to load to create a character. Before I bought Headshot Plug-in, I only bought characters. Now I haven't bought one since. 

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
armondtanz
armondtanz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
!!!!Theres a hack!!!!!...

Become a member u get money off (members price, u must be member to post, so u got that) AND make sure you subscribe to newsletter you get 10% off Wink
I got a code for the subscription to newsletter.

I must of got a really good deal. Just b4 xmas there was x3 of the big ones for $550 (ic7,xch+cc3) + i got an extra 10% off for the subscription newsletter code thingy
just got lucky 

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Don't say I told you, but pick a slow Tuesday towards the end of the month and write to support and offer to buy something if they send you a coupon for 5% or 10% off.

They might not, but it's worth the price of sending an email. I had already bought Crazy Talk Animator and some other program I haven't used since I bought IClone. Software companies have a digital good, cash offers are hard to pass up.

They could have given me IClone and made money off of me I have spent so much on content.

I wake up and find content packs I bought, and I have no idea why. 

Note to self: Write down why you bought something.

PixelDatabase.Net

Edited
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
richardjohnhodges (1/25/2021)
So I'm really into iclone after only being about a week into a trial, and im looking at what my options are, great prices overall, but there seems to be some inconsistencies?

As of now, it looks like what I want is iclone 7, character creator, skingen, and headshot. There is one bundle that comes with all four for 890 dollars.

However, i can get character creator, skingen, and headshot for 499, and iclone 7 separately for 129, which is just 628 dollars as opposed to 890. Is there something i am missing? why is it priced higher as a bundle?

EDIT: And how much does iray actually cost? I never see its price listed on the site.

Hi Richard

The difference in price is because the iClone bundle includes 3DXchange 7 Pipeline (normal full price $499).

If you only plan on exporting characters and animations (or not exporting at all) then the Character Creator bundle "Ultimate Digital Human Creation Bundle with Headshot" + iClone 7 separately will be ideal. However, if you want to have the ability to import and export non-standard characters from 3rd party sources and be able to import and export props and complete scenes then 3DXchange 7 Pipeline is a great tool to have.

If you are looking for the Iray Plug-in you can find it on the page below (scroll down to the plug-ins section)

https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DeepcutAdventure
DeepcutAdventure
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you for all the advice. I had not realized that it came with more stuff than what was shown. As of now I'm playing with all the various plugins to see what i REALLY need or not. As of now it looks like all i need is basic iclone and character creator, but I'm uninstalling and reinstalling plugins to see what the differences are. My goal is to produce the clips entirely in iclone, i dont really see why id need any other places at the moment.

Reading This Topic