Profile Picture

Yet another total noob question

Posted By willohseraen 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
willohseraen
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Heya, I'm entirely new to the world of 3d modeling and rendering, bear with me! I have a couple of questions...

Firstly, is it possible to create a scene with multiple characters in character creator 3 or is that only iclone?

Secondly, I've been very curious as there are a few custom body parts I've been wanting to create, for things like tails and wings other externally attached pieces is there a way to have the skin texture of your character to cover the additional part? (I am also totally new to Zbrush) 

Lastly, I have been searching for a long while yet have yielded no solid results... how does one create hair? Ive seen videos of people altering hair strips and ect..  but I have no idea where to begin to create a hairstyle completely from scratch as well as figuring out the texture map and base color maps

And Finally, Thank you for your time! Sorry to bombard the forum with noob questions, your time and consideration are appreciated! Thank you once again! 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 38 minutes ago
willohseraen (1/25/2021)

Firstly, is it possible to create a scene with multiple characters in character creator 3 or is that only iclone?

You can only work on one character at a time in Character Creator 3. iClone 7 is where you build scenes and where you can add multiple characters and animate them.

Secondly, I've been very curious as there are a few custom body parts I've been wanting to create, for things like tails and wings other externally attached pieces is there a way to have the skin texture of your character to cover the additional part? (I am also totally new to Zbrush)

Character Creator 3 is primarily intended for human bipedal characters (two arms, two legs). You can also create bipedal animals such as apes or other types of fantasy characters. For things like tails or wings you can import them in and apply them to your characters as accessories. When you do this the skin texture maps will not automatically apply to the accessories but you can manually texture them.

Lastly, I have been searching for a long while yet have yielded no solid results... how does one create hair? Ive seen videos of people altering hair strips and ect..  but I have no idea where to begin to create a hairstyle completely from scratch as well as figuring out the texture map and base color maps

The current version of Character Creator 3 doesn't allow you to create custom hair. However, in the Pipeline version of CC3 you can easily import hair from 3rd party sources like the huge Daz3D library using the Transformer or Create > Accessory options. Alternatively, if you want to save time you can purchase pre-made hairstyles from the Content Store. 

Please Note: In the next version of Character Creator (3.4) you will have new hair creation features. These include facial hair creation and new ways to customise hairstyles.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Peter (RL) (1/26/2021)
willohseraen (1/25/2021)

You can only work on one character at a time in Character Creator 3. iClone 7 is where you build scenes and where you can add multiple characters and animate them.

Character Creator 3 is primarily intended for human bipedal characters (two arms, two legs). You can also create bipedal animals such as apes or other types of fantasy characters. For things like tails or wings you can import them in and apply them to your characters as accessories. When you do this the skin texture maps will not automatically apply to the accessories but you can manually texture them.

The current version of Character Creator 3 doesn't allow you to create custom hair. However, in the Pipeline version of CC3 you can easily import hair from 3rd party sources like the huge Daz3D library using the Transformer or Create > Accessory options. Alternatively, if you want to save time you can purchase pre-made hairstyles from the Content Store. 

Please Note: In the next version of Character Creator (3.4) you will have new hair creation features. These include facial hair creation and new ways to customise hairstyles.

and when will this happen to be? 

vidius 

willohseraen
willohseraen
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Sweet thanks for the information! im so stoked for those hair features! 

And as  little p.s. xD i thought of another noob question...
One of my characters has 3 big toes and a toe on the heel part of the foot if I design the foot in Zbrush can I replace the base feet with my custom one like shoes? 

Reading This Topic