Smart Gallery isn't Smart

Posted By Alien Maniac 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Alien Maniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
So many folks are still having the same issues with the SG. I recently bought a new laptop. I went through he proper process of uninstalling off the old com and installing on the new com. The SG was a night mare to deal with and a total waste of time. My PACKS WERE  just not installing and still won't.  RL Server is always soooo slow to download anything.....and then to discover that it can not install.... hu?  Why hasn't this issue been corrected after all this time?  Sooo many complaints from their customers and NADA. Individual  Items will but PACKS will not install. Everyone gets the same error message. There has not been any general solution from RL on this except to make a support ticket. WHY RL?

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I never use the Smart Gallery if I can avoid it, it's useful for letting me know that content has been updated. I prefer to use the "old" installer to get new items installed. For all my old content - some of it going back 14 years and still useful at times, I just copy it all to the new full version content location. Nothing ever gone missing, no hassle, just plain sailing all the way. CoolSmooooth

There was mention of the SG being updated, but nothing has been posted on the subject for several months. It has potential but just needs to get the simple tasks done correctly to keep users happy. Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
3 Years Ago by wires
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Space Rider (1/20/2021)
So many folks are still having the same issues with the SG. I recently bought a new laptop. I went through he proper process of uninstalling off the old com and installing on the new com. The SG was a night mare to deal with and a total waste of time. My PACKS WERE  just not installing and still won't.  RL Server is always soooo slow to download anything.....and then to discover that it can not install.... hu?  Why hasn't this issue been corrected after all this time?  Sooo many complaints from their customers and NADA. Individual  Items will but PACKS will not install. Everyone gets the same error message. There has not been any general solution from RL on this except to make a support ticket. WHY RL?

Hi...

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Smart Gallery.

However, I think its important to remember that for the vast majority of users the Smart Gallery works perfectly. On a forum like this you are only going to see users with problems posting. The majority without any issues won't post. Sadly though this then gives the impression that everyone is having problems but that is not the case.

So I would advise contacting Technical Support if you are having problems and they will try to help you get it working. Alternatively as Wires suggested you can still install your content by using the Content Downloader method from your Reallusion Account > Order History page.

Please use the link below if you would like to request help.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
wires (1/20/2021)

There was mention of the SG being updated, but nothing has been posted on the subject for several months. It has potential but just needs to get the simple tasks done correctly to keep users happy. Smile

New features and improvements to Smart Gallery are coming soon. We will be announcing more after final testing is complete.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Hi Peter, As I said "SO MANY" not ALL......but still what is the problem when it can not function properly on a high end computer? OH WELL I look forward to a working version..... I did have to use the old way and it just takes forever to download anything, days and days and days for me. I did not send a support ticket as judging by the posts made on it there was no solution.

Q why also does the SG not let us minimize the menu window? We have to close the SG just to do that......and by the way thanks for your input as always and to the Team for doing their best. You know from day 1 all we customers wanted was "IT ALL" LOL

My new laptop makes RL products run faster than a speeding bullet.....Wow to say the least. I did take your advice on the RTX 2070/8gb card.......excellent. Thanks for the heads up.

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

0oseven
0oseven
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I've had problems with Smart Content too and have watched both tutorials which I follow ok but reality never seems to match theory !!
There could be a better explanation of Packs &Templates - Especially important for Reallusion newbies who might not have time to be "fathoming" things out. 
I found that some problems are explained by items being in one location and not another,  ie There are two Content  Folders created   - one for IC7 and one for CC3.
Why cant ALL content be in one location ?? together with the item's relative options. Ie  Hair or clothes mesh should have preset colour options apper in same pane or sub pane.
Some do but some don't and you have to screw around trying to find mats for an item Content management should be  simple and consistent . 

One thing I dont like are icons that "don't actually have content" but appear to be links to the store. Annoying,Confusing and Unecessary.There are links to the store in the "help menu.We dont need them in the "Smart Gallery'
Hope my comments are helpful in some way.

0oseven
0oseven
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Here a little example. I bought some hair which installed [ via smart content ]  to CC3 content. Initially I had trouble finding them at all.  
I wanted them in iclone content so copied the files to the IC7 folder as suggested in a tutorial somewhere. Hair folder "SWAM" appears in in content panel but NO product !!
BUT NOTE The files were also copied to the IC7 "Custom " folder so they do appear in the "Custom Panel" but either way there doesn't seem to be any MATERIAL files so I cant change colours [ But I can if I'm usiing CC3 program]
If handling content is this confusing /complicated I'm am more than reluctant to buy more product,  
 See image.

Edited
3 Years Ago by 0oseven
videodv
videodv
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
0oseven (2/2/2021)
Here a little example. I bought some hair which installed [ via smart content ]  to CC3 content. Initially I had trouble finding them at all.  
I wanted them in iclone content so copied the files to the IC7 folder as suggested in a tutorial somewhere. Hair folder "SWAM" appears in in content panel but NO product !!
Do I assume IC7 will not read cc3 files and why not - I'm confused
 See image.

I think you just need to change the extensions from cchair to iHair

Chris.
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For 2 weeks I have tried to solve this problem with RL support. to no avail. IN CC3 update> all my iclone packs are there in the smart Gallery showing not installed.
The packs are installed just fine in iClone. So....... LOL.  I suppose the CC developers don't believe it...even  though I sent images of it and now they want them sent again. I did. LOL
Has anyone else had this problem? any results from support? 
  Note: Support is dependent on the developers of CC  in this case.

Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Last Active: Last Month
Hello,

As I know some of the content (motion, props, hair...)  both support IC and CC.
That's why you will see some iClone content appears in CC, and if you don't want to show them in CC, you can multi-select and right-click "Mark as Invisible Content" 

And then go to the top menu > Settings. Checked the "Hide Invisible Content"

And if you want to keeps them and don't want to duplicate the files.
Try this new feature - Contents Sharing for iClone and Character Creator
https://manual.reallusion.com/Smart_Gallery_Plug_in/ENU/1.2/09_Scenarios_and_Solutions/Contents-Sharing-for-iC-and-CC.htm

Edward

Reading This Topic