changing the avatar in a purchased .ccProject

Posted By esemgee 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
esemgee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Downloaded on trial a complete project (Dirtrock, Riot Squad). Found the clothing was what I wanted but the avatar far too cartoonish. Trying to find out how to change it I had to buy the package to find the only way to alter the avatar is to rebuild the face, and I can tell you it is a darn sight easier to take a face and corrupt it than it is to take one and try and make it 'normal'. With other .ccProjects - the demos with CC - I am able to change the avatar by simply replacing it with a neutral one, but not this one - I get a 'failed to load the file' error message, incidentally a message I am getting a lot recently. Is this a glitch on my part? Dirtrock not wanting their creation defiled (I hope not!) or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I downloaded the trial as well, and using Head Shot I was able to replace the face:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ed272b01-df54-4f49-b3a1-88d2.jpg

When using Head Shot the trick is to select Current (not Male) as this maintains general body shape and clothing. I agree that he looks much better with the new face!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

esemgee
esemgee
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As always, thanks for your help! Headshot works - luckily he and about 6 more similar are minor characters and I can get away with any old photo!

Reading This Topic