Profile Picture

Cc3 with 3dxchange pipeline

Posted By Horhae 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Horhae
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello,
Does 3dxchange pipeline cover the missing features of cc3 non pipeline?  Or do I still need cc3 pipeline and 3dxchange pipeline to export models to game engines? Sooooo confusing...
Thanks! 
Also - if I get cc3 pipeline and iclone, do I still need 3dxchange for exporting? 
Hoping there isn't a pipeline version of iclone too....
Edited
4 Years Ago by Horhae
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You don't need 3DXchange Pipeline, only the CC Pipeline Extension. Don't worry, there is only one version of iClone.

3DXchange Pipeline is an older product and used to be the only way to export. It is still needed for exporting non-CC characters but hardly anyone would need that.

3DXchange is still needed for importing props or certain custom characters, although this can now be directly done form within iClone (as long as you have 3DX). 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Horhae
Horhae
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)Junior Member (157 reputation)

Thanks for the reply! 
Sounds like I actually need it, I plan on rigging and animating some of my own characters made on blender or mixamo and exporting to ue4 and unity, in that case it would be:
Cc3 non pipeline 
Iclone 
3dxchange pipeline 
Am I correct? 
Thanks again!

Ok i think i might have found my best combo:
Digital Human Animation Suite
https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic
Do you know what this CANNOT do for not including 3dxchange? 
To reallusion i must say, the pay per feature granularity is extremely counterintuitive, i understand the logic behind it but it does the opposite than you intended... 
Perhaps a page where users select what they wish to accomplish and get a tailored package of your awesome software would help.

Edited
3 Years Ago by Horhae
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Last year, I converted over 2300 Mixamo motions for use in iClone 6 and 7.
I found the link last year on Reddit where somebody saved all of Mixamo animations.
A few months ago, I posted a mega.nz link where I have all of Mixamo animations in FBX and BVH files.
I hope this helps.

Horhae
Horhae
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

this is great! thanks!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Horhae (1/1/2021)

Ok i think i might have found my best combo:
Digital Human Animation Suite
https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=ic
Do you know what this CANNOT do for not including 3dxchange? 
To reallusion i must say, the pay per feature granularity is extremely counterintuitive, i understand the logic behind it but it does the opposite than you intended... 
Perhaps a page where users select what they wish to accomplish and get a tailored package of your awesome software would help.

The Digital Human Animation Suite will allow you to create standard CC characters and animations and export both to 3rd party software like Unreal.

What you won't be able to do is export non-standard characters such as those with custom bone rigs, animals, props etc. To export those you will need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic