Profile Picture

TWO NEW ERRORS

Posted By MARKCK 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MARKCK
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Happy Christmas everyone. Some festive advice would be much appreciated. Was trying to export a short animation from CTA4 (AVI, 4k, 218 frames at 30 fps) when I got a message saying FAILED TO EXPORT STEREO VIDEO. THE EXPORT FILE SIZE LARGER THAN 2GB. PLEASE REDUCE THE RESOLUTION, FRAME RATE OR PROJECT LENGTH." This was quickly followed by MEDIA EXPORT FAILED. THE SELECTED CODEC DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CURRENT SETTINGS.
This has come as a surprise, especially as this clip is by no means the longest of the many I have completed recently. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?
DanielC_RL
DanielC_RL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The current guess is that the quality of The 4k video is too high to cause the error message. It is recommended to output the Project in segments, and then post-edit the video through the Video Editor.

Have you downloaded the latest Codec Pack such as K-Lite? It may be that a certain video of Project requires Codec, you can use the link below

Daniel

MARKCK
MARKCK
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)Junior Member (204 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Have installed the codec, but, alas, the issue persists.
I do not understand how the quality of the 4k image can be too high. CA4 exports in 4k and my system is built to cope with 4k, so why should this suddenly happen? I am also puzzled at the prospect of rendering the clip in segments... it is short as it is.
Any advice would be welcome!
Mark
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
MARKCK (12/26/2020)
Happy Christmas everyone. Some festive advice would be much appreciated. Was trying to export a short animation from CTA4 (AVI, 4k, 218 frames at 30 fps) when I got a message saying FAILED TO EXPORT STEREO VIDEO. THE EXPORT FILE SIZE LARGER THAN 2GB. PLEASE REDUCE THE RESOLUTION, FRAME RATE OR PROJECT LENGTH." This was quickly followed by MEDIA EXPORT FAILED. THE SELECTED CODEC DOES NOT SUPPORT THE CURRENT SETTINGS.
This has come as a surprise, especially as this clip is by no means the longest of the many I have completed recently. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?

Are you choosing Uncompressed AVI as the export format? If so that will be the issue because the file size of Uncompressed AVI is huge, especially  at 4K.

Try using a codec to reduce the file size, or alternatively use Sequence Image PNG as the export format and then compile the images together in a video editor afterwards.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic