Profile Picture

Crazy talk 8 would not open in windows 10 Home

Posted By rubenrayel 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rubenrayel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)Junior Member (122 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Crazy talk 8 would not open in windows 10 Home.
I viewed its Digital Signatures, and viewed the Certificate Information and saw this-
"Issued to: Reallusion Inc.
Issued by: Symantec Class 3 SHA256 Code Signing CA
Valid from 3/12/2017 to 5/26/2020"
Today is 12/12/2020.  Therefore the certificate is NO LONGER VALID.
Is this the reason why Crazy Talk 8 would not open in my Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home operating system?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f3e682bf-2801-4cd0-9ca9-5cd3.png 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

The Digital Signature won't affect the launching of CrazyTalk 8. I have tested and have no problems with CrazyTalk 8 starting up.

Has CrazyTalk 8 previously worked on this computer or is this the first time you have installed it?

It would be worth checking all Windows Updates have been done and that your graphics drivers have been updated to the latest available. This is especially important if it is a new computer where often they need a lot of updates done before you are ready to install your software.

Failing that, please try uninstalling and do a fresh install of CrazyTalk 8 using the Reallusion Hub. This may resolve the issue for you.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

raicomm_511588
raicomm_511588
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I cant say it is 100% related. I tried to use the crazy talk 8 trial and it will not open on windows 10 pro.

This was yesterday and my updates are all complete.

I have tried it in compat mode, run as admin and tried downloading it again.

The installer just starts, then vaporizes without ever proceeding.   I know this is a legacy product, but it is the item i need as i dont see the new software using the same functions.

If some of the new software does, happy to explore that too.
Thanks for the ideas/help.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If anyone is still having problems launching CrazyTalk, please contact Technical Support using the link below and they will advise you further. Thanks.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic