Cartoon Animator 4 & iClone 7 + 3D Motion Link

Posted By pgibouin 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pgibouin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi !

Today has been released Motion Link 3D to be able to use 3D motions from iClone to 2D characters into Cartoon Animator 4 with the 3D Motion Link and and update of Character Animator to v 4.4 and Motion Live 2D too.

In my case; I already have Cartoon Animator v4 AND iClone v7 with Motion Live 2D and Face3D for Motion Live2D. How may I get the Motion Link 3D to get the connection beetween the 2 apps ? Is it free ? Is is a paid option ?

The links to download Cartoon Animator Motion Link Plug-in for iClone and also iClone Motion Link Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in are under "TRIAL" section of the Reallusion Website.

What do I need to use if I want to edit completly and control the 3D motions I send to Cartoon Animator as seen on the YouTube video ? What is this tool ?

What is the tool 3D to 2D Motion Sampler  ? What its purpose ?

Sorry, Reallusion team, you just have made a really great job with this functionnality, one more time you just show what will be mostly the future of 2D animations but the offer is a real mess for iClone users and Cartoon Animator users... :-) I understand this is not simple to explain because this tool is both 2D AND 3D so, there is a part for Cartoon Animator 4 and also iClone 7.

Can you please explain us what options we need for existing users ? We are not all new customers and mostly of us will just want to upgrade to get the functionnalty into Cartoon Animator.

Thank you,

Pierre

Edited
4 Years Ago by pgibouin
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ok, sorry, I have finished to find the informations there:
It may help others users who are searching how to upgrade their iClone / Cartoon Animator softwares. Geat work Reallusion Team !!

**Notice: 
  1. Operating System: Windows Only 
  2. If you have purchased Motion Live 2D Plug-in before, you automatically possess Motion Link. To download Motion Link, simply launch Reallusion Hub and update Cartoon Animator and Motion Live 2D Plug-in.
  3. The motion link plugin for iClone is installed under iClone. To run this Motion Link Plugin, you will need to install/update your iClone 7 software to version 7.8; To activate Motion Link, the linked software Cartoon Animator is also required to be v.4.4 or above.
Edited
4 Years Ago by pgibouin
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Regarding the Motion Link and Cartoon animator and iClone, you can refer to this video to connect both software.

Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
Da_Drood
Da_Drood
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)Senior Member (489 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi, i bought the full package from Reallusion last month, so i do have both Iclone 7 and CTA 4.5 with Motion Link plugin. Is this enough in order to be able to do mocap for the hands? I somehow managed to make the facial working by following the related class in the "courses" section of the Reallusion website and using the Face 3d app, but i can't seem to be able to have mocap for the hands as in the video it's only explained how to do it through a different software called Axis Neuron Pro. Is that the only option to mocap hands? If not why wouldn't the show the "free" option first for users who don't want to spend more money?
Please help me understand if i can actually mocap my hands to implement realistic hands animation in my cartoons without having to buy new softwares/devices. Thanks to whoever will help Smile
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Da_Drood (2/3/2022)
Hi, i bought the full package from Reallusion last month, so i do have both Iclone 7 and CTA 4.5 with Motion Link plugin. Is this enough in order to be able to do mocap for the hands? I somehow managed to make the facial working by following the related class in the "courses" section of the Reallusion website and using the Face 3d app, but i can't seem to be able to have mocap for the hands as in the video it's only explained how to do it through a different software called Axis Neuron Pro. Is that the only option to mocap hands? If not why wouldn't the show the "free" option first for users who don't want to spend more money?
Please help me understand if i can actually mocap my hands to implement realistic hands animation in my cartoons without having to buy new softwares/devices. Thanks to whoever will help Smile

Hi..

To create hand mocap requires a compatible capture device. For iClone and Cartoon Animator you can use the Leap Motion Controller. This is a relatively low cost device costing around $90. If interested you can find more information on the page below. 

https://www.reallusion.com/cartoon-animator/full-body-mocap/default.html#hand-mocap

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic