glad to see live capture from perception neuron works

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm sure that once you add facial capture it will open up possibilities for doing live 2d animation broadcasts. The mocap performers would naturally have to conform to one dimensional acting but in theory someone could use this as a way to do live "animateering" streams. Or employ 2d as part of a virtual production workflow. I really wish the more superior g2 characters were supported. G3 are just way too limited but I'm exited to see the progress so far. 

I'm exited to see what else can be done with this.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5a3013d-a73f-4bac-9157-88a0.gif

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Ibis, nice to meet you, I know you really love the G2 character, I am considering how to enhance the G2 character if you have any thoughts you can tell me.
By the way, the G2 character can apply .rlmotion and .imotion, in this version we will enable the content store and marketplace to download all of the human motion for downloader.
In the meantime, you can purchase the 3D motions then apply them to the G2 character.

If you would like to create 3D motion by yourself, you just in iClone edit the 3D motion then save as .rlmotion, G2 characters always service by .rlmotion. 

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Hi Kylelee,

The only thing that could enhance G2 characters at this time is if they had more angles to work with for smoother transitions and maybe corner pinning on joints so as to prevent tearing. I know that's never gonna happen so I've had time to come to terms with it. But it would be nice that at the very least they worked with the new mocap technology. They already have 3d skeletal structure and require almost no direct manual manipulation to get the right performance out of them from mocap. Pretty much all iMotion and rLmotion already works with them out of the box. So it would be nice if they would be allowed to work with the live motion and perception neuron stuff. 

The G3 stuff is fine, and it certainly has it place. I'm looking forward to experimenting more with this tool and seeing what can be done from a professional perspective. I'll be posting more as I get to know it better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Thank you for appreciating the G3 character, we will continue to enhance the G3 and G2 character, but it does not make sense about one application two-character system, this is my work hard to integrate with G2 and G3, there is so many technical issues need to breakthrough.
In the future you will see a more flexible character, you can look forward to.
Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It makes perfect sense. If you're an animator that works with performance of more than one character at a time its a perfectly natural instinct to want tools that allow you to work with more than one character at a time.
The ability to make animations in iClone and export that to Cartoon Animator is something I have been requesting for years. It seems like its is now finally possible with this tool.

What is your ideal usage of a tool like this?
How do you see this tool being used in the making of a film?

what are the chances you can add a snap shot feature where the user can simply take a 1 frame shape shot of the pose in iClone or from the live link?
This would add unprecedented value to all professional animators. It would allow a pose to be created either in iclone or via the perception neuron. The user would take the snapshot as a keyframe, and advance to the position in the timeline where the next keyframe should be taken... They take another snapshot... and the process continues. 

This would allow an animator to just snap the keyframes rather than do full-on motion or mocap and work with the character its the most optimized way possible, pose by pose, without having to do any clean up. The software already adds auto-in-betweens, so the results would be a superior style of animation that cant be done via mocap alone and would not be as time consuming.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ibis Fernandez (11/20/2020)
It makes perfect sense. If you're an animator that works with performance of more than one character at a time its a perfectly natural instinct to want tools that allow you to work with more than one character at a time.
The ability to make animations in iClone and export that to Cartoon Animator is something I have been requesting for years. It seems like its is now finally possible with this tool.

What is your ideal usage of a tool like this?
How do you see this tool being used in the making of a film?

what are the chances you can add a snap shot feature where the user can simply take a 1 frame shape shot of the pose in iClone or from the live link?
This would add unprecedented value to all professional animators. It would allow a pose to be created either in iclone or via the perception neuron. The user would take the snapshot as a keyframe, and advance to the position in the timeline where the next keyframe should be taken... They take another snapshot... and the process continues. 

This would allow an animator to just snap the keyframes rather than do full-on motion or mocap and work with the character its the most optimized way possible, pose by pose, without having to do any clean up. The software already adds auto-in-betweens, so the results would be a superior style of animation that cant be done via mocap alone and would not be as time consuming.

We would like to provide an environment to help professional users to use iClone for motion editing.
I agree with your vision of use Cartoon Animator in the film field that also is our direction.
Regarding you mention pose by pose to make animation, you can try the iClone Pose Manager plugin.
Maybe Pose Manager can fit you need and in pairs with Motion Link will have a nice workflow.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I wasn't aware of the Pose manager plugin, I will look into it and see how it fits. Yeah something that would allow the capture of just a single frame pose would be extremely powerful. There's many applications for something like that not just for animation but even as a way to use iclone or Cartoon Animator as a rapid story boarding system. An actor just puts on the suits to stream the mocap data. Poses. The single pose is captured to a specific character... and quickly move to the next panel. a workflow like that would allow a storyboarder to storyboard an entire film in no time. Using basic generic G2/G3 characters. But for animation, working pose to pose would allow for capturing mocaped poses and compile into more polished Disney type animations since the actor only needs to focus on achieving the right key poses as oppoed to achieving the right movement. the computer interpolates the keys so no need for the actor to be an expert motion artist.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez

Reading This Topic