Profile Picture

Hand mocap: What do I need for a newly designed character?

Posted By nils1971 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Hand mocap: What do I need for a newly designed character?

Author
nils1971
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi lovely animators,

I am having a designer create a new character for my planned animations. This is hand painted style, so I cannot use the toon hands from CTA4.
If I want to be able to move fingers and hands freely with the Leap Motion Hand Mocap Plugin, do I need to have the hands designed in all 30 poses or is the free finger animation done differently and I just need a few of them? Or just the hands with spreaded fingers front + back? 

Thanks a lot,
Nils

Join my 2D animation collaboration project!
My animation blog

DanielC_RL
This post has been flagged as an answer
DanielC_RL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello Nils,
I'm honored to tell you that you don't need to draw every pose in Cartoon Animator, no matter what style of painting you use.
You can use Leap Motion Hand Mocap after creating a character with Hand Bone.
You need to add your draws to Human Templete, then edit the Bone Hand, I put the tutorial link below.
Hope the tutorial can help you, please feel free to let me know if you need more help !
Painted Style Human Templete Demo Video : 
Human Templete : 
Intro to Hand Bone : 
Edited
4 Years Ago by DanielC_RL
nils1971
nils1971
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)Junior Member (188 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Daniel,

great, thank you very much. I was hoping that, but wasn't sure if I missed something. So, to do the bone hand rigging, I need images from both sides of the hand, right? So, I would have the designer paint the hand from back and front with slightly spreaded fingers, and that's all?

Peace & Love,
Nils

Join my 2D animation collaboration project!
My animation blog

DanielC_RL
DanielC_RL
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)Senior Member (371 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The Hand Bone production process will be a bit more cumbersome.
The Tutorial above can help you create your own character.

For the Hand Bone production process, the process would be the same, I would suggest you launch a bone hand character to the graphic editor, and change the image in the layers ,but there's some rules you need to follow, like the finger bone should be repositioning. 
You can download the white paper on the official website, the hand bone create article is in chapter 5, this file can be obtained from the reallusion website by following the steps below
Member account > Software Registration > Cartoon Animator Pipeline > Download > Whitepaper
https://www.reallusion.com/member/#/en/my-account

Hope this could solve your question !

Daniel

Reading This Topic