Few Questions Before Purchase

Posted By deborah_293014 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
deborah_293014
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello everyone,  

I am still on the trial and I have a few questions before purchase.  I will be using the software to create website graphics, animated logos/text, and infographics in video form.  I also might use it for explainer/tutorial videos from time to time.

I don't need anything complex for animations.  I have tried a variety of cloud solutions such as Animator and Vyond.  I usually stick with Adobe because cloud animators and video creation software is more expensive and they have less features.  For example, Vyond charges $89 a month but I can get the full Adobe Creative Suite for $79.49 a month.

1. Black Friday/Cyber Monday is around the corner.  I don't need to use the program immediately.  My free trial will expire close to this time.  Should I wait to see if there will be a discount to purchase or should I purchase now?
  2. Is there a comparison that compares CTA4 to the Adobe Suite?  I know Cartoon Animator 4 is less expensive than Adobe because I don't have to pay the monthly fee.  About 4 months of Adobe will pay for Cartoon Animator.  The workflow still seems like I still need to use the Adobe suite.  There are no alternatives to After Effects or Character Animator.
  3. Is Cartoon Animator 5 coming out soon?  I am afraid if I buy now, Cartoon Animator 5 will be released at the beginning of next year.  I will have to repurchase again.
  4. I don't like the folder structure in the program  I prefer the way it is in Adobe where I can see big pictures of the characters and the actions.  Plus there is a search.  Is this available in the paid version?
  5. Is there a way to add multiple scenes into a single project?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
deborah_293014 (10/24/2020)

Black Friday/Cyber Monday is around the corner.  I don't need to use the program immediately.  My free trial will expire close to this time.  Should I wait to see if there will be a discount to purchase or should I purchase now?

Hi Deborah

We hold regular sales including one on Black Friday but unfortunately this years sale pricing has not yet been revealed.

Is there a comparison that compares CTA4 to the Adobe Suite?  I know Cartoon Animator 4 is less expensive than Adobe because I don't have to pay the monthly fee.  About 4 months of Adobe will pay for Cartoon Animator.  The workflow still seems like I still need to use the Adobe suite.  There are no alternatives to After Effects or Character Animator.

Cartoon Animator 4 is animation software. It isn't a competitor for Adobe products. In fact as CTA4 doesn't have any drawing tools, you will normally use 3rd party tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer etc to create the artwork for your custom characters in CTA4.

Is Cartoon Animator 5 coming out soon?  I am afraid if I buy now, Cartoon Animator 5 will be released at the beginning of next year.  I will have to repurchase again.

Cartoon Animator is in constant development but there are no plans for a new major version release at the beginning of next year. When CTA5 is released all existing CTA4 users will be able to upgrade for a discounted member price.

I don't like the folder structure in the program  I prefer the way it is in Adobe where I can see big pictures of the characters and the actions.  Plus there is a search.  Is this available in the paid version?

The size of your thumbnails in Content Manager can be changed allowing for larger thumbnails if you prefer. There is currently no search feature.

Is there a way to add multiple scenes into a single project?

It is possible to have more than one scene in a project by using camera switching, but most users find it much easier to save one scene per project and then edit the rendered scenes in a video editor afterwards.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

deborah_293014
deborah_293014
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)Veteran Member (540 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you for your answers.  I was asking about Cartoon Animator 4 compared to Adobe Character Creator or Adobe Animate.

Reading This Topic