Profile Picture

Total Newb with a Silly Question

Posted By TranshumanistFuture 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TranshumanistFuture
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)Junior Member (236 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have searched extensively, but I am unable to find the answer to what seems to be a most basic question: In what format do I upload 3d files to the content uploader? For example, I created a basic prop in Blender. In what format do I export it to keep the materials/textures and import them into the content uploader? If anyone can point me to a list of formats for various types of content, I would sincerely appreciate it!
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hi...

You upload content in the native formats of iClone or Character Creator so once custom content is saved in either iClone or Character Creator it can then be uploaded.

So for example, if you wish to upload a prop you created in Blender, you would convert it to iClone format first which is .iProp and then upload that .iProp using the Content Uploader.

Tip: If you wish to know the file extension and location of any content, just right click the thumbnail in Content Manager and click "Find File".

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic