CC3 Tutorials

Posted By JasonWynngard 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 days ago
I'm not sure where to post this topic. I put Tutorials in the SEARCH box, hoping it would suggest a proper location. I got nothing so  here goes.
===================================================================================================

Warning. This is a fairly long-winded suggestion that I hopeReallusion takes to seriously. Specifically for Character Creator.

In fairness, Reallusion does a better than decent job inproviding tutorials to teach users the fundamentals of the software. And that’sdone with video tutorials backed up with online text and graphic tuts as well.Now, not meaning to insult anybody, yet calling things as I see them, a fewwords on the upside and downside of both approaches.

The Video Tutorials

The good thing is the vids are readily and easily available24/7. Though I’m not a great fan of Youtube’s captions/subtitles for the Deaf,at least it’s available. Just inconsistent and messed up periodically. Notalways, but usually, restarting the video or even your browser seemsto help at times. It’s nice the effort to be inclusive exists, especiallycompared to “We don’t give a “dayum” attitudes of some businesses despite thelaw. Resolution of videos depends on things Reallusion has no control over suchthings as your equipment, your equipment settings, and so forth. In my case, Ifind the vid resolutions close to ideal usually. And if you’re even casuallyfamiliar with the software, you quickly recognize the screens and functionsdiscussed.

The bad things is a matter of preference, mostly. I’ve longhad a beef with video tutorials in general., not just Reallusion vid-tuts. Ithink too many vid-presenters seem more focus on showing how smart or good theyare as opposed to teaching others. They blow through mouse movements andmotor-mouth explanations. Doing that instead of moving methodically andincrementally. The result is you often have no time to see where the mousepointer came to rest on the menu option or other location of the screen. Someeven twirl the pointer about as if they are cyber majorettes or something. Inshort, their audience, especially beginners, aren’t given time to processinformation. In all fairness, vid-presenters are time-pressed because if youtake too much time, your video file size becomes enormous. Thus, likelyrejected for uploading, and that’s true even if you break the video intosegments. So, it’s sort of a damned if you do and darned if you don’t.

The Online Text & Graphic Tutorials

Truth be told, I, for one, and grateful for these tuts. Theyprovide plenty of time to process information. For me, they are step-by-stepprocedures with links to necessary and beneficial supplementary pages. You cometo appreciate them rather quickly because they tie in so well with theinstruction session so precisely. Thank you Reallusion!

The downside is, for whatever reason, I have troubleprinting the information on these pages. Oh, I can print, but usually, thegraphics are missing, and only some of the text information gets printed.However, using Micro$oft Word or OpenOffice, I can print. BUT, the output isjust too small for my aged eyes. No matter what I do, I can’t print in a largersize. Not only that, both force me to print everything, including content (leftcolumn) pages I don’t want. The only solution I’ve found to date is to save thepages as individual HTML pages. Then call Libre to open them. Then print, whichdisplays a pre-printing box that lets you select which pages to print. So I getrid of what for me is useless information and focus only on the instructionpages.

Suggested Solutions

1.     Vid-Tuts    ---Not much can be done about the vids due to the reasons mentionedabove. However, I have a suggestion that might or might not be feasible. Manycolleges and universities have continuing education and life-long learningprograms. They offer non-credit courses in a variety of lessons. PerhapsReallusion can select among its content providers and production users aninstructor Reallusion certification procedure. Certified persons who live inareas Reallusion customers reside could offer 2 -3 weeks or 1-month courses onthe same topics the video and online manuals provide. Having hands-oninstructors guiding the learning is superior to hurry online video instructors.There are logistical issues that need addressing along with other matters, nodoubt. But I do think Reallusion should explore this option.

2.     Online Manuals     ---Make the printing of these manuals lesscumbersome. It’s just that simple. Or perhaps provide a link to a folder withthese manuals in ready to print files that allow adjustable font sizes forprinting. And without the unnecessary table of contents column on the leftside. Yet keep the internal links for supplementary pages. Maybe provided ineither PDF or Word, or both.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Reading This Topic