CC3 to 3DsMax; How to get a working skeleton / bones system

Posted By pttrns.ai 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CC3 to 3DsMax; How to get a working skeleton / bones system

Author
pttrns.ai
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all,

I'm testing the trial of CC3 to see if it can help us with creating realistic characters. So far I'm quit pleased with the possibilities of the software. 
However there is one thing that I haven't figured out yet. How to get a descend working skeleton / bones system into 3ds max.
When I export a FBX with 3ds max preset the imported bones are not parented to each other. In other words when I move one bone for instance the upper arm, the rest stays in place.
This is totally useless for out purposes, we want to export the character and rig into marvelous to accurately simulate clothing on each bodytype.

If someone can put me in the right direction on how to get a good working rig that would be awesome.

Thanks
pttrns.ai
pttrns.ai
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)

Here is a screenshot https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5a5af989-841b-4eae-9955-7dd6.png
pttrns.ai
pttrns.ai
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

In the attached screenshot you can see that there are some sort of bones but when you select them they don't have the necessary bone data that default max bones have. I'm realy hoping for a solution because if we need to manually rig the characters again that would break our pipeline a bit.

Reading This Topic