Any Alternatives to After Effects?

Posted By NaturalGlitch 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NaturalGlitch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
First: congratulations on the awesome update!
Unfortunately for me, I don't have the means to afford After Effects; is there a different program compatible with the new AE update? Even if it's barebones, it's OK—only if it can use lights and colors.
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I would have to say Hitfilm.
Hitfilm express gives you some decent abilities for free with options to purchase extra packs. 

Hitfilm pro has everything you should need. 

Start with hitfilm express to give it a go. They should also have a 30 day trial for hitfilm pro.

NaturalGlitch
NaturalGlitch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I could export a CTA4 project and import it into HitFilm with the AE update? Awesome! Though I'm not sure how to manage that.
Thanks for the quick reply!
apyorick1
This post has been flagged as an answer
apyorick1
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You can't use the actual AE plugin in any other editor, but the update did add a new render feature, "Render Object Based Sequence" which allows you to load your project into other editors. This setting saves your project's individual components (actors, props, etc) as image sequences (and audio is also saved). You would then load these individually into an editor (such as HitFilm, which I have used using this technique and it works). As long as you layer everything correctly it should look exactly like your CA4 project; then you can add effects to the different layers. You won't be able to edit the camera work or animation as this is set in the images themselves. The new manual outlines this whole process here: https://manual.reallusion.com/Cartoon_Animator_4/ENU/Pipeline/Content/Resources/4.3/11_Export/Post-Production-with-Video-Editor.htm
Hope this helps!

Reading This Topic