Profile Picture

New guy #Infinity

Posted By Lockes The Thief 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lockes The Thief
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello everyone. I'm new of course. I have been working on making characters for a game but I think it would be better to use a character creator  to save time and frustration. I was going to try the trial now to see what I can do. I have a few questions, though. How do I install the initial download to a different drive? It automatically goes to the C drive and then gives me the three installs that I can change to a different drive. This wouldn't be a problem but my C drive is too full to handle the initial download. So I can't even fully download the trial to give it a shot. 

Second, I'm going to need help figuring out what to buy once I get the full version. I want to make stylized cartoon like game characters and need to know which pack to do this. It would still be for video games but I don't want them looking so realistic. I would already know how to rig and animate them. My only issue is knowing what to buy to make cartoon like character bodies, clothes and materials/textures.

That's all I have for now. I'm really looking forward to using this product and I thank you all in advance for your help. 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi... Welcome to the forum.

To install your software you just need the Reallusion Hub installed. This will go on the C: drive but it only takes up a tiny amount of space.

All your program files and content (iClone, Character Creator etc.) can be installed on any drive you wish. These don't have to be installed on the C: drive.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Lockes The Thief
Lockes The Thief
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)

Okay I got the trial working. Thanks!

Also, I can't read Japanese. 
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Lockes The Thief (9/5/2020)

Second, I'm going to need help figuring out what to buy once I get the full version. I want to make stylized cartoon like game characters and need to know which pack to do this. It would still be for video games but I don't want them looking so realistic. I would already know how to rig and animate them. My only issue is knowing what to buy to make cartoon like character bodies, clothes and materials/textures.

That's all I have for now. I'm really looking forward to using this product and I thank you all in advance for your help. 

Welcome Lockes. For Stylized cartoon characters, I would look at the default cartoon stuff from Reallusion, CGARTIFEX, and also Tokomotions stylized characters. There are probably plenty more on the content store and marketplace though. 

Cartoon Character Designer bundle from Reallusion https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/3D-Cartoon-Character-Designer/default.html

Kids & Teens on Campus from CGARTIFEX https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/Character-Creator/Pack/3D-Toon-Kids-&-Teens-On-Campus/default.html

Hair & Accessories from CGARTIFEX https://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/ccdproduct.html?contentid=ACC300CIENU010820200901001

And all of Tokomotions stuff on the content store https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/FeaturedDeveloper/profile/#!/ToKoMotion/All and marketplace https://marketplace.reallusion.com/character-creator/author/ToKoMotion

And Mythcon has a couple of unique stylized characters on the marketplace https://marketplace.reallusion.com/character-creator/author/Mythcons (and 2 of them are free)

Any of that should give you a nice start.

For clothing, you can't make that in Character Creator. You will need to know how to 3D model in Blender or ZBrush or Marvelous Designer or the numerous 3D modeling/clothing creation programs. And then import them in. You can substance a little in CC3 via the appearance editor. But you will need to have color ID's on the clothing to be able to really utilize the features of the appearance editor. I believe Delerna (A CC User/Developer) laid out a pretty thorough step by step process of using the appearance editor and applying custom color ID's. Other than that, you will most likely need to use substance painter or another similar program to do your texturing.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Slayerazazel
Lockes The Thief
Lockes The Thief
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Okay, I've been looking at those. Silly question: Do I need to buy the CC3 and, let's say, the Cartoon Character Designer to make a toon? Right now I'm using the CC3 trial since I just started but I'm hoping to make a decision within the next 9 days. I'm not sure if I'm looking at this right, but it looks like I have to buy two products work 199 each in order to make the characters. Which is still better than hiring someone to do it, I just don't know if that's how it works. I'm guessing each price for each product or content in the marketplace is a separate price. Do I have to have the Cartoon Designer or can I morph my character in the Pipeline version of CC3 to look like a toon? ie: Only needing to buy the pipeline and customizing what is available there. If not, and I do need the Cartoon Designer, would I be able to morph a given base from it to whatever I want or are there limits?

I didn't know about the clothes though. I'm not a very good 3D modeler, I'm more of a programmer and vfx artist, but I would have to make my own custom clothes in Blender? I've made some extremely low poly assets in Blender but I don't think I'm good enough to make clothes for these characters. I wouldn't do ZBrush because this is already getting pretty expensive. 

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for answering so far! 

Also, matenn30, it looked like the links you sent me were in Japanese, is what I meant. 
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
If you aren't very good at modelling then I would say you would need the cartoon character designer bundle as a base for you to start with. 

You have the trial, so I'd say give it a real go to see what you can create with the morphs. The trial gives you all the default morphs sliders (non paid morph sliders and bases)

Reading This Topic