transisions between two motions

Posted By woody173 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
HI I am having real trouble with the new transitions in iclone 7 because I think im doing the most logical steps to get two motions to join correctly but im obviously i div. 
ill attach a screen shot video of my dilemma as i think it might be difficult to explain. I created a motion using a mixamo ascending stairs as a base and finally got my character to climb the stairs i have. but before it starts to mount the stairs i have him walking along carrying a book. Now i thought if i deleted the keyframes for the walking motion I thought  the arms and book would stay in the correct position but I cant figure out why they still continue to move with the original motion as he ascends the stairs. I was hoping their was some sort of mask to mask out the motions keyframes as you do in motion puppet but I cant find that either.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Here is the link to a screen video i did to show you the problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HrjvOpuS5HTQ3oY3tKzXbbJtG76vjxUH/view?usp=sharing

All the best 

Nick
Edited
4 Years Ago by woody173
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
woody173 (8/27/2020)
HI I am having real trouble with the new transitions in iclone 7 because I think im doing the most logical steps to get two motions to join correctly but im obviously i div. 
ill attach a screen shot video of my dilemma as i think it might be difficult to explain. I created a motion using a mixamo ascending stairs as a base and finally got my character to climb the stairs i have. but before it starts to mount the stairs i have him walking along carrying a book. Now i thought if i deleted the keyframes for the walking motion I thought  the arms and book would stay in the correct position but I cant figure out why they still continue to move with the original motion as he ascends the stairs. I was hoping their was some sort of mask to mask out the motions keyframes as you do in motion puppet but I cant find that either.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Here is the link to a screen video i did to show you the problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HrjvOpuS5HTQ3oY3tKzXbbJtG76vjxUH/view?usp=sharing
Nick

Nick, I get an "Access Denied" error, so you may have to adjust permissions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

woody173
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

sorry about that dont use videos in the forum very often
Heres the new link

woody173
woody173
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Any body please help Im at a stand still 
Many thanks 

Nick
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You don't have any keyframes in the second motion clip? So he looks to just be following the motion. Try adding se keyframes to the second motion clip. 

Alternatively you can use reach layers for the hands to stick to the book constantly. 

Edited
4 Years Ago by Slayerazazel

Reading This Topic