Profile Picture

Animate 3D - Digitize Human Motion - Free/Open Alpha!

Posted By InDeepMotion 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
InDeepMotion
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago

Hello iClone Creators!

(A thanks to the Mods for welcoming us here!)

So our team here at DeepMotion recently saw some discussion here about our new animation service Animate 3D and we wanted to take the time to officially introduce ourselves and provide a location for any questions and feedback!

What is it?

Animate 3D transforms your 2D videos into 3D animations in a matter of minutes, allowing you to both preview and download the resulting animation files from a simple web interface. We currently output FBX & BVH file formats that you can easily retarget to your own custom 3D characters in your development software of choice. 

Our ultimate goal is to bring motion capture to everyone, eliminating the need for expensive suits and hardware typically needed for full-body capture.

FREE ALPHA SIGN UP

We would love for anyone interested to sign up and try it out for free! We are in an open Alpha, which means no limitations on how many animations you want to generate and download for the foreseeable future.

Animate 3D - 1.6 Update: Check out what we’re working on!

Yesterday we also released Animate 3D Version 1.6.0 - a major update that includes quality improvements and more based on current Alpha user feedback.  See what’s new below:

• Anti-Foot Gliding Improvements: we have spent a lot of time re-evaluating the way we process input motion and have vastly improved foot gliding in the output animation, which was the most requested feature. The result is a more stable and solid footing throughout.

• Leg/Lower-Body Improvements: new rotation fixes will assist leg and hip motion in many cases. This will also help make heavy leg movements appear more fluid and natural in the result.

• Better Root Stabilization: new and improved root motion stability will provide more weighted, natural-looking movements for your animations.

• Live Forums: we have launched a location for alpha users to visit and receive direct communication with our team.

Looking forward to any questions you may have, and hope to see you in motion!

-The DeepMotion Team

Edited
4 Years Ago by InDeepMotion
Hookflash
Hookflash
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like this is a cloud-based service (i.e., upload a video, then get back an fbx / bvh file). Are there plans to release a standalone version that can be used offline?
InDeepMotion
InDeepMotion
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like this is a cloud-based service (i.e., upload a video, then get back an fbx / bvh file). Are there plans to release a standalone version that can be used offline?

Yes, this is currently a cloud-based service only. We have a Desktop app planned in our future road map but don’t have any plans to release a completely offline/un-tethered version. We're always looking for suggestions and it would be great to understand you're specifically looking for - 
Can you elaborate on what "offline" means to you and what your use-case is? Thanks!
InDeepMotion
InDeepMotion
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hello Everyone! 

I have a big update here for Animate 3D. We have recently implemented custom character uploads where you can upload your own 3D character to see how your animation looks on it! When you then download it, it will already be re-targeted onto the character.

Our service is still free with no restrictions. Check it out! 

Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
a cloud application is for me without interest because I'm often in areas without internet.
So I would need a standalone version with a perpetual license without any relation with the cloud.
The day you can offer me such an application I would be interested, if the price is reasonable.
InDeepMotion
InDeepMotion
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Zeronimo (10/30/2020)
a cloud application is for me without interest because I'm often in areas without internet.
So I would need a standalone version with a perpetual license without any relation with the cloud.
The day you can offer me such an application I would be interested, if the price is reasonable.

Thanks for your feedback! This is indeed something we're working on. As soon as we have a set path to this, we will definitely be sure to update it here. 
Zeronimo
Zeronimo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
thanks for the feedback, that's good news.

General Picture Animation
General Picture Animation
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I've migrated my efforts from iClone (3d) over to Cartoon Animator (2d). If you're analyzing 2D footage to generate 3d motions, has it occurred to you how useful it would be to provide the original 2D motions for us?

Animating now to life itself --Walt Whitman 
InDeepMotion
InDeepMotion
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Everyone - just dropping back in to provide an update to Animate 3D and to see if you're interested in participating in our contest! The service is still 100% free with no restrictions. 

We recently dropped the V2.1 update that focused on root motion tracking, foot gliding, foot penetration & more- for the full list of updates check out our blog here.

We currently have an active contest going on - giving away cash to see what you can do with the service!  bit.ly/Animate3D

See you in motion!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Popping in to give a big shout out to the team at Deep Motion, I'm in the alpha,  the software is really innovative,  very accurate especially with the latest updates. The team is very friendly and they listen to feedback. 

Check out the new features,  works exceptionally well with the Mixamo rig,  and use the Tpose version of the fbx for an accurate conversion in 3Dxchange!

Reading This Topic