Profile Picture

Cartoon Animator 4

Posted By testpilot1945 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
testpilot1945
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Absolute newbie here. G'day all you gurus. What I want to achieve! Import a bunch of animal characters, such as kangaroos, wombats, emus, etc (Yes I am in Oztralia) and make them sing the National Anthem.
The characters MUST be "natural" i.e. NOT cartoon-like figures, hence using png/jpg pics.
My question is: where can I read up on this and speed up my learning curve? I have used Crazy Talk 8 and it is quite effective, but CT8 can only display one character at a time.

Is there anywhere something similar as a lecture/demo, that I can look at?
Cheers
Cranky
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

Please take a look at the tutorial below. This explains how to create a morph based character from a photo and uses a small dog as an example. The process is similar to what you are used to in CrazyTalk 8 with additional steps required for setting up the body as well.

https://youtu.be/GLULAIRiAMg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

testpilot1945
testpilot1945
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you Peter
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hi Cranky,

There is an extensive learning process involved with this software. I would estimate a minimum of 15 hours just to learn the basics.  You will also need to have knowledge of third party software to create content.  Overall the software is worth the purchase right now. I have cartoon animator 4 pipeline. 

Have a great weekend.  
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
coolhewitt24 (8/30/2020)
Hi Cranky,

There is an extensive learning process involved with this software. I would estimate a minimum of 15 hours just to learn the basics.  You will also need to have knowledge of third party software to create content.  Overall the software is worth the purchase right now. I have cartoon animator 4 pipeline. 

Have a great weekend.  

I think your reply is a little bit misleading based on the OP's requirements. 

Creating morph based characters with just a talking head doesn't take long to create. You should be able to create one easily in about 15 to 30 minutes not 15 hours. You also don't need knowledge of 3rd party software apart from perhaps how to remove the background in an image editor like Photoshop. Even then this can be done in CTA4 if required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
brixus31
brixus31
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey Testpilot. Fellow Aussie here. So.......... g'day!
Like any software, Cartoon Animator has a learning curve. But youre going to find it a lot easier to use than a lot of alternative software in my opinion. The two best things you can do are (1) watch EVERY SINGLE Youtube video created by Reallusuon because they are an excellent resource for learning, and (2) send me an email to garrypye@reallusion.com and I'll see what i can do to get you some more resources that will help. 

Reading This Topic