Question on Content LOCATION and install

Posted By 0oseven 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
0oseven
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I Have Iclone 7 and CC3.
If I install content should it appear in both applications under the content tab ?
My content folder location for CC3 and IC7 are different. Should that matter ? ie - should ALL content be installed to same location folder  ?
Software "options" do not give choice to change location so am I right in thinking I would have to uninstall/reiinstall both apps to make them the same ?  

Reason I am asking is that I bought a hair pack which I think I installed via download from account then installed. 
In CC3 there is a hair mesh and materials to apply to a character but not in IC7 although it has materials. Obvious reasons it is annoying I cant just add a hair in IC7 without first loading it CC3 a nd sending it across.   
Still a bit confused with Smart Manager as several Hair items appear with the green tag indicating it has to be downloaded.
Having two applications makes things more confusing. CC3 in my opinion should have been integrated with IC7 - but I'm a newbie so what do I know ?? ha ha !!  
Thanks in advance for advice.

Asolo
Asolo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)Veteran Member (590 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
from CC3 just go to file then select export then select selected content...automatic it save as iclone hair files...then just put on the iclone hair files folder to open it from iclone
Edited
4 Years Ago by ariksolo
0oseven
0oseven
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
ariksolo (8/11/2020)
from CC3 just go to file then select export then select selected content...automatic it save as iclone hair files...then just put on the iclone hair files folder to open it from iclone

Thanks for that info - Indeed it works and a great help to me for a starter but I am still confused about the relationship of the content location for IC7 and CC3 because it seems a very messy process trying to find anything.
 I mean why don't I see the hair mesh in IC7 when it is in CC3 ?
I'm sure that' down to my ignorance of how things are supposed to work .I have set up two screens to have  IC7 on one and CC3 on the other to make things a bit easier..
Any further enlightenment will be appreciated problems.
cheers

Reading This Topic