Reverse exit direction of motion on prop

Posted By sleahcim 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sleahcim
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am using some of the Elastic Spongy Moves motions downloaded from the content store. I have a prop that I'm assigning a Slide Out Exit motion from the aforementioned templates. The motion exits to the right. I need the prop to exit to the left. There are no exit left versions in the templates. I can't use the horizontal flip of the prop as it is asymmetrical. How do I get the prop to exit stage left instead of stage right? Wink
vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

I used 'cloud 01' as the prop and applied elastic motion 'Accelerate_Right_01' to it.
Using the Prop Key Editor, I put a key in frame 1 (Transform) and another one at the end of the motion clip.
Then, moved the prop to the left. 
It moved to the left instead of right when played.  There was a slight movement to the right after this. 
Next, I cut the motion clip at frame no. 34 and put a key there.
It worked fine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
4 Years Ago by vepop
sleahcim
sleahcim
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)Veteran Member (510 reputation)

Thanks vepop. It took a few tries to get what you were describing but I got there. While that worked it didn't mirror the movement. For example, this motion stretches in the opposite direction (viewer's left) before moving right. When I use your solution, it still stretches to the left while also exiting to the left, therefore, diminishing the effect.

This ask seems to be such a basic thing. I have a character that I needed to lean on a car to his right (viewer's left) but the animation template leans to his left. I was able to address this by using a horizontal flip, only because the character is symmetrical. I would think a basic part of the prop key editor would be a mirror function. Or at the very least the templates should offer mirror motions. Otherwise, they are very one dimensional. 

Thanks again. It looks like I'm going to have to keyframe this one. 

Reading This Topic