Profile Picture

What Exactly Does Re-download Service Mean?

Posted By Shoob 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Shoob
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi, I would like to know what does this mean "We only provide the latest three version re-download service on the main program"? Does it mean that my license is going to expire at some point? Or does it mean I have to go to the latest version and download that, say iClone 7.8 is expired and now I should go and download iClone 8, but will I be required to pay for another license? Thanks a lot.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/531ac1c2-6760-42ee-b9d3-99dc.png
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
Your license won't expire. It is yours forever.

Re-download service means we allow you to download your purchased software at any time. Many software companies only give you 30 days to download and then its up to you to keep a copy safe on your local computer. We also allow the download of the last three versions. So at present you can still download iClone 5, 6 and 7. Once iClone 8 is released it will be 6, 7 and 8.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Shoob
Shoob
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)Junior Member (101 reputation)

Peter may you live forever! Well Clarified. Thanks!
ptr5469
ptr5469
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Peter (RL) (8/2/2020)
Your license won't expire. It is yours forever.

Re-download service means we allow you to download your purchased software at any time. Many software companies only give you 30 days to download and then its up to you to keep a copy safe on your local computer. We also allow the download of the last three versions. So at present you can still download iClone 5, 6 and 7. Once iClone 8 is released it will be 6, 7 and 8.

So if I bought an iClone 5, after the release of iClone 8, it won't be available for download from Reallusion?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
ptr5469 (2/24/2021)

So if I bought an iClone 5, after the release of iClone 8, it won't be available for download from Reallusion?

iClone 5 is no longer available for sale in download form. But if you were to purchase an old boxed version with a DVD then it will still work but you would be responsible for keeping the DVD and any backups in a safe place.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic