Profile Picture

Hello From The Garage

Posted By KShark 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KShark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)New Member (32 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello everyone.

I'm a full time software developer who's been tinkering with Unreal Engine in my off time. This side project of mine is looking more and more like something I might actually try to ship. As a result, I've started seriously looking at purchasing a few of the Reallusion products to bring in some realistic looking characters.

It is very tricky to understand the full suite of products and plugins. The website can be difficult to navigate and uncover all of the options, and I know there's several forum topics on it already which I've read, but bear with me as I regurgitate what I think to be correct in order to prepare for this journey.

I think I've found the bundles which would make the most sense for myself, namely one of the Indie Unreal bundles either the Digital Human or Mocap Solution along with the 4-in-1 SkinGen bundle.

A few questions:
  1. The Mocap Indie bundle includes the Motion Live Plug-In and iPhone Live Face support. There appear to be other motion related plug-ins for various mocap technologies listed in the Reallusion software hub and I'm unsure if any of them are included in this bundle. Given my staggeringly large indie team size of one person, I expect I won't be doing anything more advanced than using the iPhone facial capture and possibly Kinect.  I saw somewhere that Kinect mocap is supported, but I don't know if the more advanced and more accurate Azure Kinect hardware is as well. More concretely my question would be: "What mocap hardware is supported in this bundle? Is Kinect supported? Is Azure Kinect supported?"
  2. I will want to edit the characters I create in CC3 in Blender, and then bring them into iClone7 for animation. I understand the high-level concepts of animation, but no practical experience. My concern is if I edit these models, at what point do they become incompatible with the standard mesh model animations? As an example, if I made some zombie with holes through their chest, or an alien with a third arm, could I still apply the default animations? I'd expect of course I'd need to rig and animate the third arm in my alien example myself, but would the rest of the character still work? I mostly just lack experience/knowledge in this area so if you have any links/tutorials/youtube videos I'd be happy for the recommendations.
  3. Related to #2, but I believe this export import process is what the 3dXchange pipeline is for, which as I understand is included in the Indie bundles. Is that correct?
  4. Lastly, there's been a recent update to the character creator mesh as I understand it. I'm now quite confused whether the character models and clothing for sale in the Reallusion store are all compatible or not. Is there a way to know?
Thanks again to anyone who reads through the above. I'm really excited to begin working with these tools soon and join the community in earnest.

Reading This Topic