Profile Picture

Maximum Allowable Repurpose. I need some clarification.

Posted By MilesV 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MilesV
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Am I understanding the below correctly? I can only use an individual slider twice to create characters to sell? Or if I wanted to create multiple characters based off an avatar, for purposes of selling, I'm not allowed to? It seems like selling derivative content would be hard enough without limits. Can I sell unlimited derivative content based off my own base avatar or sliders? Or do the same restrictions apply? Can someone please clarify this for me? I haven't tried selling anything yet, but I'd like to.

http://wiki.reallusion.com/Content_Dev:CC_Avatar_Morph_IntroductionMaximum Allowable Repurpose

Once a content is uploaded to the Marketplace, its intellectual property is protected by encryption under a system known as DRM (Digital Rights Management). Developers are allowed to use 'Base Morph Sliders' as bases for repurposing and selling the Derivative Morph Sliders on the Marketplace.

Maximum Allowable Repurpose is the number of times that users can change the Base Content for reproduction.

Only *.iAvatar can be repurposed once while *.ccSlider and *.ccProject have two time repurpose.

Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I recently experienced the same problem with my shoes.

It turns out, I had taken a shoe that had a texture applied, and changed it, and I got the same error.

I was told by Reallusion support to use the plain base.

I applied my textures to the Plain Base content, and I was able to export my shoes.

Maybe that will help. If possible, find the original base and use that. 

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
miles.vonschriltz (7/31/2020)
Can I sell unlimited derivative content based off my own base avatar or sliders? Or do the same restrictions apply? Can someone please clarify this for me? I haven't tried selling anything yet, but I'd like to.

If you create custom content from the CC3 or CC3+ Base then it won't be derivative content and so no restrictions apply.

It is only when you customise and resell content purchased from the Content Store or Marketplace that it becomes derivative content.

However, as Data Juggler explained, some packs from the Content Store include plain bases which can be used to create your custom content. This will then not be classified as derivative content when uploading.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic