Un-installing and re-installing

Posted By makeurmark 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
makeurmark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have found a handful of posts referencing my query. However there doesn’t seem to be enough information on the subject.
I am running Reallusion products on my MSI GE72MVR 7RG Apache Pro.
I have Character Creator and iClone installed on my C: (SSD 256Gb) and all of my content installed on my D: (HHD 1TB.
However I have just purchased a 1TB SSD (as external drive), which I was hoping to re-install both applications and content.

1. I have read that you can not install Reallusion product onto any other drive apart from C: (system drive) - is this true?
I do have enough space on C: for Reallusion products, so if it needs to be C: not the end of the world.
2. Is it cleaner to use the Reallusion hub to un-install and re-install?
3. Is it cleaner/safer to remove all content and download/install to the new drive? Rather than copying from HHD to SSD.

I am planning on re-installing UE onto the same external SSD, which I believe is possible from what I have read. I currently have UE installed on my HHD D: with the content and it is slowww.

Any help on this would be much appreciated as I need to get this right. Thanks in advance
Edited
4 Years Ago by makeurmark
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
makeurmark (7/30/2020)

1. I have read that you can not install Reallusion product onto any other drive apart from C: (system drive) - is this true?

You can install the program files and content files on any drive you wish. You are not restricted to using the  C: drive.

2. Is it cleaner to use the Reallusion hub to un-install and re-install?

The Reallusion Hub is the recommended way to install and update your software.

3. Is it cleaner/safer to remove all content and download/install to the new drive? Rather than copying from HHD to SSD.

If you wish to move your program and content files to another drive then it is recommended to uninstall first and then reinstall again choosing the correct drives during installation. Then when once complete you can either install any content packs again or you can simply copy the content from the HDD to the SSD.

I hope this helps. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

makeurmark
makeurmark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Yes it does help Peter. Thank you so much for your help

Reading This Topic