3dxchange may not support this data format Again

Posted By hcameron90 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hcameron90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Ok so I recently downloaded the latest 3dxchange 7.7. However, I'm getting the message
"3dxchange may not support this data format"
every time I open a .fbx or .obj file. Sometimes it would work if I group all the objects into one.  never when they're all separated.
Can someone help with this issue I'm having or do I need to re-download the software or just use 3dxchange 7.1?
hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

So far I had to redownload 3dXhange 6. I was able to drag and drop .fbx And .obj files.
However, I still can't do this in 3dXhange 7.7  Maybe it's a bug.

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (33.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Is this a specific file? I just tried and I can open FBX and OBJ files. What FBX version are you using? I believe 3DX only supports up to FBX 2015.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by animagic
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
animagic (7/26/2020)
Is this a specific file? I just tried and I can open FBX and OBJ files. What FBX version are you using? I believe 3DX only supports up to FBX 2015.

I think you are thinking of sketchup. Which only 2015 is supported. FBX 2019 is supported and working fine. 

I had no issues at all. I would probably suggest uninstall and reinstall 3DXchange.

Although it says 7.5 in that screen i do have the 7.7 update. But that's just a visual difference and shouldn't impact the import/export of fbx.

hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For some reason No it works. 
Idk what I did but I'm good to go now.

Thanks for the help!

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I had this same issue yesterday with cc3,  and importing some old characters I made in daz 3D a while back, I never had a problem with them before but I discovered that it had to do with how other objects are linked to the character ...apparently when I exported fbx without having the clothing parented to the main character,  it must have looked at one of the clothing props and declared the whole file incompatible - this was never an issue before as I've imported these characters before,  I just wanted to reimport them to the new updated meshes to use the new tools....  when I parented the clothing to the main body,  it came in fine ....it's a new ...I don't want to call it a bug ... ...but at the very least a new restriction.  It probably came from cc3 - and updating it to daz compatibility,  but was copied and pasted over to 3DXchange too.

☯🐉
"To define Tao is to defile it" - Lao Tzu

Edited
4 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic