Profile Picture

What is your favorite CC3 learning resource?

Posted By MilesV 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MilesV
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Outside of the tutorials and manual offered on the Reallusion website, what are some good learning resources? Are there any blogs or YouTube channels that offer great workflows, how-to, technical guides, or tips and tricks that you guys like?
oisilener1982
oisilener1982
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)Veteran Member (952 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Reallusion - iClone 6 Fundamentals, youtube and this forum might be enough
MilesV
MilesV
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I hadn't taken a look at that series because it was for a previous version. But just watched the trailer and will definitely check it out. Thanks!

I guess what I'm really looking for are specific people who are actively putting content out there that I can learn from. Mike Kelley is one I've found and I've been slowly finding tutorials and tips in this forum.
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
It would obviously depend on what you want to learn. Do you want to just learn general tips and tricks with just using CC3, or are you looking for specific workflows to be able to do something specific like clothing creation or exporting to a game engine? Or DAZ or Blender workflows to import into CC3?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Character-Creator/Training-Tutorials-Hints-and-Tips along with Reallusions youtube channel and their website https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/tutorial.html along with many free webinars they run. There is also plenty of community users who have been creating tutorials for quite a while now I believe. A quick search in youtube "Character Creator Tutorial" will bring up hundreds of tutorials.

Reallusion also has a blog https://blog.reallusion.com/category/artist-tutorials/ 

I've started a tutorial series for clothing creation using ZBrush, substance painter, and CC3 (also using 3dcoat for some editing and UV's which can still be done in ZBrush) I'm nowhere near an expert in any way. Basically just outlying my workflow. I hope they may help some people, or they may not like the way I produce content and stick to their own workflow. 

Also, there are features in CC3 that were present in CC1 and 2 (which those tutorials are in the Iclone 6 tutorials on the youtube channel, but aren't in the CC3 tutorials because they were already covered previously) 

Those tutorials are still somewhat relevant for CC3

Also, the best learning resource for anything is.. Google "how do i, etc etc"  Smile 
(That's how i learn anything i need to know)

MilesV
MilesV
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry for the late response. I appreciate the responses and realize my question was pretty broad. I hadn't seen the forum link suggested, but I had already located the other tools and I've got several learning resources I'm diving into right now. I know how to search google and youtube as I'm in SEO and do this daily. I was looking for people that were aware of "experts" producing more advanced tutorials and tips specifically for CC3 or even interviews where they talk about techniques. Both for learning purposes and to see if there was any opportunity there. With these responses and my own research I've got a few weeks of material I can dig through. Thank you!

Reading This Topic