Posted By Dorothy Jean 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Content getting deleted When attempting to replace existing content

Author
Dorothy Jean
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello,
I have been having this issue. When I attempt to "replace existing" content, capture a thumbnail or load a thumbnail my content just gets deleted!! Instead of doing what its suppose to it just gets removed.
It started a few weeks ago. Not sure if it was after an update or not.

This is starting to get VERY annoying as I just deleted something I just saved and now have to try and locate the content..... Please help.  This happens to everything.

Also, something else is happening too and I'm guessing it could all be linked.
When I attempt to create a new folder and name it I get an error:
Rename Failed. Invalid Filename or this file was locked by other tools. Not sure what this means... but no other tools are locking the folder... 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Dorothy

I've tried both processes and they work fine for me so it isn't a general CC3 issue. It sounds as though CC3 is not able to write to the drive correctly to replace the content or change the thumbnail.

Have you changed the permissions settings on your computer recently or installed any new security software that may have made changes? 

Also, are you able to save new content instead of using replace? If so it may be that your existing content files permissions have been changed to read only which will prevent them from being written over.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Peter (RL) (7/20/2020)
Hi Dorothy

I've tried both processes and they work fine for me so it isn't a general CC3 issue. It sounds as though CC3 is not able to write to the drive correctly to replace the content or change the thumbnail.

Have you changed the permissions settings on your computer recently or installed any new security software that may have made changes? 

Also, are you able to save new content instead of using replace? If so it may be that your existing content files permissions have been changed to read only which will prevent them from being written over.

so, its very strange.  It sometimes works but sometimes doesn't.  I haven't made any changes to my computer.  I might do a fresh install to see if that helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Reading This Topic