Profile Picture

Rigging and create animation for iClone

Posted By Freedom Arts - 3D... 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Freedom Arts - 3D...
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
snatolukas32
snatolukas32
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I did exactly the same with Dinosaurs from Daz Studio, for me more easier ;p but it dosnt matter, very good tutorial with blender, thank you much <3 Smile 
and i dont know how abt you , but animating Rigged dinos (or any other animals) as just a rigged props is "just no" they have to be with human controlls, iclone is completly not prepared 
for animating rigged props like a basic animating studio  for human is a bad ass thats true, but for rigged props - nope thats why i convert Dinosaurs to Human controls. 

once again very good job !!!! 
Eric C (RL)
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi @Freedom,

It's really nice to see you demonstrating the rigging parts for the community!
Thanks for giving us an one hour class to brush up our skills in iClone and Blender!

Freedom Arts - 3D...
Freedom Arts - 3D...
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Hi snatolukas32

The models, you can convert to non-standard human character,and at the same time, you can convert to non-human character.Non-standard human character, Advantage:you can make the character to perform "edit reach target",Disadvantage:but you cannot use the tails bone in your creature, because human don't have tail after the hip bone.For Non-human characterAdvantage:You can use all the bones to create any animationDisadvantage:You cannot let the character to perform "edit reach target" like human character.I suggest you to convert into both non-standard human character, and non-human character,and put in different folders, name it properly so that you will know which one is non-human. The animation created also need to categorized it properly, whether this motion file is for non-human character or non-standard human. They are not compatible to each other as well.Then you can choose to use any type of character, depends on your situation.Enjoy! happy animation.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Freedom Arts - 3D Animation
Freedom Arts - 3D...
Freedom Arts - 3D...
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Real-time keyboard strokes and mouse click on-screen. 100% step by step. If you follow every steps in this tutorial, it works.
iClone Tutorial - Rigging and Animation step by step. Import any Animals and Dinosaur into iClone.
Download animal models here
Download dinosaur models here:
Reallusion Forum thread:
Table of contents in video:
6.03 to 20.03 
Rigging
20.03 to 31.38 
create animation in Blender (you can skip this step. Create animation directly in iClone is better)
31.38 to 36.28
convert to non-standard human in 3DXchange.
36.28 to 39.42
import motion from Blender (the FBX created during 20.03 to 31.38 included motions) into 3DXchange and export it as rlmotion files which can be used in iClone later.
39.42 to 40.32
test the rlmotion files in iClone to prove that is works.
40.32 to 46.19
create extended bones for the bones above the "head bone", example jaw and skull.
Tails' bone won't be available in non-standard human, then save the iAvatar again.
46.19 to 51.46
create animation directly in iClone, and save it as rlmotion.
51.46 to 53.20
use the same model to create a non-human character 
53.20 to 55.35
create motions for this "non-human character", save as rlmotion, and save the non-human character as ivatar.
Conclusion:
The models, you can convert to non-standard human character,
and at the same time, you can convert to non-human character.
Non-standard human character, 
Advantage:
you can make the character to perform "edit reach target",
Disadvantage:
but you cannot use the tails bone in your creature, because human don't have tail after the hip bone.
For Non-human character
Advantage:
You can use all the bones to create any animation
Disadvantage:
You cannot let the character to perform "edit reach target" like human character.
I suggest you to convert into both non-standard human character, and non-human character,
and put in different folders, name it properly so that you will know which one is non-human. The animation created also need to categorized it properly, whether this motion file is for non-human character or non-standard human. They are not compatible to each other as well.
Then you can choose to use any type of character, depends on your situation.
Enjoy! happy animation.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Freedom Arts - 3D Animation
tipton
tipton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is helpful. But I am trying to lock down the steps on importing ans Lip sync.
Basicly. I take a cat from DAZ, import to iclone, and I can do the animations, but I am trying to work out how to make the Cat talk, ie, Lipsync.
This has me lost in loops.
Does anyone have a list of steps?
1) Import Cat with XYZ to Blender.
2) Install ABC Plugin (what is viseme?)
3) Do something if  no YZ.
Basicly I found this Character: https://www.daz3d.com/daz-house-cat-with-dforce-hair
But I can be sure it will be able to lipsync. anyone with more experience can guide is appreciated, I am pretty much a noob when it comes to iclone or blender.

Reading This Topic