Profile Picture

Motion Live 2D won't recognize my character as a character?

Posted By aecaswell 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Motion Live 2D won't recognize my character as a character?

Author
aecaswell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey!
I just made a character and am trying to figure out the Motion Live 2D interface, but no matter what I do it won't recognize my character as a character. Regardless of how I select it, or if I try to import my character file using the "select file" option, it still says "no character selected". 
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Hi...

What kind of character is it? Is it a G3 or a Free Bone character? Also if it is a custom character, have you rigged it with bones and setup the facial features correctly?

To help narrow down the cause of the issue just try loading one of the default G3 characters that come with CTA4. Does Motion LIVE 2D work with this character ok?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
aecaswell
aecaswell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)Junior Member (182 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
It's a custom character rigged via template, and I even followed tutorials and everything on how to use the template, so I'm pretty sure it's structured properly. I've worked out all the angles and everything so the head has the potential to turn and everything. The only thing I can think of is that it technically has no body - I'm guessing that's why it won't work? 
On another note, the feature to set up eyes stays grayed out and won't let me click it. Is that also due to it having no body? That one makes a bit less sense to me.
Thanks!

Reading This Topic