Profile Picture

Some clothing assets hide body parts - how to prevent this from happening?

Posted By sabrx 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Some clothing assets hide body parts - how to prevent this from...

Author
sabrx
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello,

I noticed that some clothing assets, especially tops, automatically hide underneath body parts, which is undesired in my case. I was wondering if there is a way to prevent this from happening when applying the clothes, like a command etc. I couldn't find any related settings in Preferences. Thanks for any suggestions.

PS: I know I can make the hidden body appear by going to Edit Mesh and show all meshes again, but that messes everything up, because I am using anatomically accurate characters from Bigboss that have separated breasts and body - so basically some body parts are already hidden by default, and applying clothes and then showing all meshes displays unwanted meshes that were previously hidden. 2nd option would be not to check "Delete Hidden Meshes" on export, but this does also not solve the problem, because with this modified character, hidden meshes must be deleted, otherwise seams occur.

Best,
Erich
sabrx
sabrx
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just in case someone faces this same issue, I found the solution. You need CC3 Pipeline edition. Just open Auto Hide Body Mesh tool for the selected clothing item, click Show All, close the tool and save the clothing as a custom asset. Next time you apply the clothing, no mesh hiding will occur.

Reading This Topic