Profile Picture

How To Pose A Character?

Posted By dariondanjou 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dariondanjou
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)New Member (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am new to iClone 7 and Character Creator 3, having purchased them last week. How to pose a character? I'm not even talking about animating the character. I simply want to pose the character's body and facial expression, in order to build a set of characters i can export out to Houdini or Unreal and then take it from there.

I'm quite sure the answer to this question is annoyingly simple probly, and yet I can't seem to find out how to pose characters anywhere in the documentation. Also is this something I should be doing in Character Creator 3, or simply design the character in CC3, then export it to iCone 7 for posing?

Thanks in advance!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Both iClone and Character Creator 3 will allow you to custom pose your character but only iClone can create animation clips.

So in Character Creator 3 with your character loaded, select the Animation tab of the Modify Panel. Then click "Edit Pose" for the body or "Edit Facial" for the face.

When in Edit Pose just select a bone and use Move (W) or Rotate (E) to position as required. In "Edit Facial" you have the option to adjust individual muscles, select pre-set expressions or use sliders to adjust facial features. Overall for posing the body you may find it easier to load an existing pose from Content Manager and then make adjustments from there to customize it to your liking.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic