Characters walk does not conform to terrain

Posted By ultimativity 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,
I converted a hill to terrain. I set a character on the terrain. I applied a motion clip. The character walks into the terrain. This occurs on all 3 setting of Terrain snap.
Is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan

gordryd
gordryd
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
I just tried this - you should be able to make it work by:
1) Creating a path
2) Select the path and under 'Modify' click 'Project to Terrain'
3) Assign the Avatar to the path
4) Click 'Follow Path' and 'Follow Terrain' (2nd one might not be needed since the path is already projected to the terrain)
Good luck!

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
ultimativity (6/26/2020)
Hello,
I converted a hill to terrain. I set a character on the terrain. I applied a motion clip. The character walks into the terrain. This occurs on all 3 setting of Terrain snap.
Is there a setting I am missing?
Thanks,
Nathan

Do you have foot contact checked on your character in the modify tab? It shouldn’t penetrate the terrain if foot contact is on.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Lamias
Lamias
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Top left corner under "Edit - Terrain Snap" there is a setting that says "follow terrain", as you said. Also certainly tick the "foot contact" on the characters modify panel, as kungphu said.
Sometimes for this to work you have to move the character a bit, because when you do that iClone will calculate again the XYZ axis with the new data (i.e. the "Follow terrain" button that you clicked). Just a light movement from the XYZ gizmo should work.

My YouTube Channel
Phoenix   Wink

Edited
4 Years Ago by Lamias

Reading This Topic