Content bases - And Derivative Content

Posted By Slayerazazel 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi, 

I've been working on a new clothing pack. Which will have base clothing content and then texture sets that are based of the base content.

I've been testing with a friend who has CC3 and I have gifted him the base content, along with the derivative content texture sets. He works with unity and I was just trying togto him to take some screenshots from within his current unity WiP game.

I can download both the bases and the derivative bases completely fine without any issue on my end.

My friend has downloaded the base content and it works fine with zero issues. But when he downloads the derivative texture sets they show up as trial. He has tried the content activation and verification but it continue to show as trial. 

I'm unsure where the issue lies and why it continues to show as trial for him. When he owns both the bases and the derivative content 

The process I have used for uploading the files are as follows:
I have created my base cloth
I have validated the DRM
I have uploaded the base cloth
I have downloaded from my store
I have added new textures to the new downloaded base cloth
I have validated the DRM on the new downloaded base cloth
I then upload them as new uploads. 

The derivative content shows that it is reliant on the base content. So everything looks fine from my end. But it continues to show as trial on his end. (I've also gifted him another pack of mine and there was zero issues with that one, so we have ruled out his internet connection)

We've done alot of self troubleshooting today for numerous hours with it all ending up the same. Showing as trial for him. 

This is the first time for me creating cloth in this fashion, with bases. I've had no issues on my previous cloth packs, but they have not used this method of including base cloth.

Has any developer experienced anything like this before? Is the process I'm using correct? Can I not create derivative content from my own bases?
Just checking here before I put in a ticket to development support.

Thanks.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
We've resolved the issue. It seemed to be a bad install of CC3. Which is weird because he didn't have any other issues with any other content. But at least it wasn't an issue on my end. 

Reading This Topic