Profile Picture

Iclone physics and bone animation into UE 4.25

Posted By lamanoestudio 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lamanoestudio
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I am trying to import an animated character from IClone (v 7.73) into UE 4.25. 
I need the character to come with the bone animation and physics animation too (soft cloth). 
What would be the best way to do that? 
From what I have seen, IClone 7.8 with Unreal Live Link would provide the best working flow between both softwares, letting you to see in real time both the character's physics and bone animation. 
Is there a release date for those softwares?
Thanks! 
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
the best and easiest way would be to wait for IC7.8 , coming in July :-)
unit23
unit23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
lamanoestudio (6/23/2020)
.. physics animation too (soft cloth).

The Unreal Engine mesh editor has a cloth physics tool, which lets you paint the meshes you want animated. It is a bit confusing when working for it the first time, but can work.The animation depends also on the character physics asset which is created upon import.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZN3WHh3M9M

zhaozony
zhaozony
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
1.Indeed, UE4 has its own cloth animation system. But the key problem is that Reallusion does't export its physical collision capsule to unreal. Which makes the cloth simulation not precise as IClone. Or If you try to manipulate the physical in UE4, it is a torture.
2.Someone said Iclone 7.8 can solve soft cloth animation in UE? I doubt it. Because the soft cloth mesh animation is not controlled by bones, I don't know what would happen in UE4 animation blending. It is not a same thing as muscle or skin.

Reading This Topic