Profile Picture

Newcomer: Product Checkout + Questions (for Reallusion experts)

Posted By C Y B Ξ R Ξ Λ 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Newcomer: Product Checkout + Questions (for Reallusion experts)

Author
Praise.png
C Y B Ξ R Ξ Λ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello everyone, I am a newcomer to Reallusion products and a complete beginner to 3D design & development.

In conducting some exploratory research into character design & animation, I came across Reallusion Crazy Talk 8 and tried out the trial (captured experiences in below video). I ultimately wish to promote my character creation into online media for my own content creation - whether that be video production, live stream representation, or imagery for other projects.

I was amazed at how much could be done from a photograph. Further, I liked the fact that the suite has hair and accessories physics, facial synchronized animations from text-to-speech and or audio input as well as simple customisations to background, lighting etc. When I decided that I liked the software enough to purchase a licence, I noticed Reallusion Character Creator 3 on their website and all the advances therein. I trialled this software and was again very impressed with the feature set and incredible amounts of detail that can be customised for character and scene. Again, I am a complete beginner and very unfamiliar with a lot of the toolset.

After examining the technical specifications for both CC3 and CT8 I noticed some interfacing, such as the ability to import iAvatar and iHair/iAccessories etc., which I presume are CC3 assets, or specifically from iClone assets within CC3. I am a little confused about these details, what they mean and if I understood them correctly.

I noticed that CC3 makes use of high-resolution maps, whereas CT8 does not go as high and has less advanced lighting or shaders.

My immediate questions are:
  1. Is Crazy Talk 8 considered older software, or perhaps low-budget, for a specific use case? I ask this question because CT8 is not even a product highlighted in the head navigation of the Reallusion website.
  2. In terms of creating my character, lighting, scene and animation for video and/or live animation, is both CC3 + CT8 required or only a CC3 bundle?
  3. Following the previous question, should I get both (pipeline)? I already intend to purchase CC3+iClone+Headshot bundle, though I have not noticed some of the features that CT8 offers within, such as TTS, audio input sync animation. 
  4. With reference to CT8 pipeline being able to import iAvatar, iHair, and iAccessory; is this related to iClone elements of CC3? 
I find 3D design incredibly fascinating and am eager to learn more, and for that just want to be making the right decision with purchasing the right combinations of product.

Thank you kindly for any insight that you can provide to me Smile

Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
C Y B Ξ R Ξ Λ (6/23/2020)

My immediate questions are:

Is Crazy Talk 8 considered older software, or perhaps low-budget, for a specific use case? I ask this question because CT8 is not even a product highlighted in the head navigation of the Reallusion website.

CrazyTalk is now a few years old and is currently not receiving further updates as we concentrate on other products. However, it has not been discontinued and is still an excellent way for newcomers to get into facial animation and create talking characters.

In terms of creating my character, lighting, scene and animation for video and/or live animation, is both CC3 + CT8 required or only a CC3 bundle?

If you have Character Creator 3 + Headshot then you don't need CrazyTalk 8.

Following the previous question, should I get both (pipeline)? I already intend to purchase CC3+iClone+Headshot bundle, though I have not noticed some of the features that CT8 offers within, such as TTS, audio input sync animation.

Character Creator 3 Pipeline is strongly recommended if you wish to import Daz or Poser content and also if you want to be able to export characters for use in other software or games engines. Character Creator itself is for creating the characters. If you want to animate them and create lip-sync then you do this in iClone 7.

With reference to CT8 pipeline being able to import iAvatar, iHair, and iAccessory; is this related to iClone elements of CC3?

As CrazyTalk 8 is now a few years old it is only compatible with content from iClone 6 or Character Creator 2. it is not compatible with content from iClone 7 or Character Creator 3.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

C Y B Ξ R Ξ Λ
C Y B Ξ R Ξ Λ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)New Member (83 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you so much for accepting and answering my questions! I look forward to purchasing and using the software for my projects Smile

Reading This Topic