Profile Picture

GUITAR!!!!!

Posted By HooDooPhonix 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
HooDooPhonix
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ok so i have a character that plays guitar, I have had all kinds of issues getting her to animate across livelink.  So the first thing i tried was to import the guitar across livelink into unreal, i couldnt get that to work, so i then animated the character brought in the guitar built a socket on the CC character, and attached it to her.  This half works, but the hands dont stay locked to the guitar, because i had attached them to objects in iclone.  also the guitar seems to freak out and return to x0y0 or fly away occasionally in  unreal before i can record it, ANY SUGGESTIONS would be appreciated.

Thanks
Edited
4 Years Ago by HooDooPhonix
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Easiest way , wait for IClone 7.8 , there will be a prob transfer for LL.
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
If it’s LL that you’re using, I’ve animated props attached to characters and it’s been generally easy/good. For the most part things work just fine. I attached weights (dumbells) to a character to show him working out, a flashlight, guns etc. even a car attached to a character that transferred over just fine. You have to transfer the character with the prop attached to Unreal then animate. So I’d end up with 3 version of the character in Unreal (I.e. Peter, Peter_Car, Peter_Flashlight). The prop will port over and animation will transfer. As long as the position of the prop is locked to the character body and isn’t transforming it all works pretty well. What I mean by that is if the guitar player does a Pete Townsend windmill then detaches the guitar from his hand or transforms it away from the hand and does a JiminHendrix burn baby burn with the guitar lying on stage, that’s where I run into problems. Transforms with attached props I’ve gotten to work while viewing in Unreal, but when transferring via sequencer it doesn’t work out. Probably soemthing I’m doing wrong, but I haven’t been successful with it. Not ideal but if super night quality is t an issue and you can get it to work in the Unreal preview, you can go into full screen in Unreal and just do a screen capture. Crude, but if you’ve got a deadline and need the shot it’s better than nothing until we get the new LL update.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

HooDooPhonix
HooDooPhonix
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

so when i attached the guitar to the character, and attempted to LiveLink if i transfer file then with it attached, the guitar will come over and make a new blueprint character?
I will try this, i feel like i must have but maybe i didnt.

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
It will. The thing to be aware of is that it will be attached to whatever body part of you character you attached it to so be aware of that when animating. Like if you attach the neck to the hand, mask that entire arm out when animating or else when you move the hand the whole guitar will go flying around following the hand. Just keep that hand as stable as possible.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

HooDooPhonix
HooDooPhonix
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

so when I attempted to port transfer the character with guitar, it transferred just fine, but when I attempted to use it in livelink it didn't work if I remove the character from livelink it would connect, if I added the character back it would stop.

Reading This Topic