IClone 7 and purchased content such as Barking Dog D Showroom

Posted By JPMA 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

IClone 7 and purchased content such as Barking Dog D Showroom

Author
JPMA
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
I just purchased a couple 3D Showrooms in the Content catalog.
However, being new to IClone, I am kind of lost in the limbo.
Is there anywhere a tutorial explaining how to use this additional content?
Thanks
mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

As far as I can tell that item should have been installed (if you installed it correctly) in your Content/Set/Template/ folder.  If you scroll down the list of items in your Template folder you should see the "Barking Dog" products. You can drag or double click on the item and it should appear in your Viewport. Then it's a matter of maneuvering the camera around the set.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

JPMA
JPMA
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

Thanks for your reply. It gives me hope.
I downloaded correctly the assets, and I can import them in my project. No problem. You said, then it's more a question of camera settings and it seems to be the key. Now I understand better.
  However, I still have a question. There is text in these showrooms (such as "Your Text, or your logo"), and I found how to remove it. Now, what about changing the text with my own? So far, I could figure out how to do it.
 Do I need for that the plug in called Popcorn FX?    P.S: what you call your "silly" stuff is far more advanced than what I can even dream doing!!!
mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Hey JP'!
You will need an image editing program like Photoshop, Affinity Photo or maybe GIMP. If you can create a .png image ( that is an image that will allow a transparent background called an Alpha-channel) you can use that image to replace the existing image on the set. It's not mandatory to create a .png image but it will allow for the letters to be on a transparent background.
Just locate the object/image and click on it then go to the Modify/ Material menu, make sure the image you are replacing is selected. Delete the "placeholder-image" and then drag your new .png image into the "Base Color" box. That should replace the image with yours.
Hope that helps.Wink
mp

PROMO-BACK2

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
4 Years Ago by mark
JPMA
JPMA
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

My brains must slow down when it's that hot (Florida).
Of course, I have Photoshop and Affinity on my PC. And I know quite well about alpha channel.
So I had all the ingredients. Just needed a spark. Thank You. Great help!
mark
mark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Glad to help and hope ya create something super!!!BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2

Reading This Topic