Profile Picture

Character Sprite Morphing - Any advice?

Posted By DivisionHouse 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
DivisionHouse
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)Senior Member (449 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I've built a female G3 character with a long dress, but I'm having trouble animating her walking, running, doing many movements, without her legs sticking breaking out from behind the skirt. The dress is one solid Hip sprite that just extends down over the legs. When I created the character I was naive enough to think it would morph itself to accommodate the movements. 
Does anyone have any tips to get around this? Is there another way I can build a character with a dress, or any other long flowy clothing, that will accommodate complex motions? Or is there an equivalent of the Prop Key Editor that can be used on character sprites? 
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Attachments
ALLYSA RUNNING.jpg (132 views, 642.00 KB)
Edited
4 Years Ago by asmith_374010
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
if it's a g2 character you can (to a certain degree) animate the sprite using the deform tool. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.

Reading This Topic