select and hide a body part in iclone

Posted By shil 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
shil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello,

While it's easy to select a body part in character creator, what about iclone ? 
If i want to hide hands (behind some props added in iclone), how should i do ? My character has been created in character creator and exported to iclone. And i want to hide the hands completely, but sometimes i need to show them (This feature is available with clothes).
My first idea was to use the timeline. But it seems there is no way to target a body part. Any ideas, someone ?

Thanks for reading
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Opacity maps are about your only choice -- you can paint out the particular area you want and they will be invisible.  However, note that you still have the issue (as they did in the early days of doing "invisible man" stuff with green screens) of the remaining body parts not being "filled in".  For example, if you use an opacity map on the hands the remainder of the arm will look "hollow" (you'll be able to see through it).  You'll either need to carefully construct your shots so you can't see this (as they did in those early cinema days) or you can try constructing a piece of "skin" which fills in that area (perhaps in an outside program like Blender -- this is how they do it in Daz where they allow limb "amputation" but give you the piece that fills in the gap).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
There are two ways to do so:
with opacity masks, also editable on timeline or hide body mesh in CC3, not editable on timeline.
You will have to create those masks with texture editor like Photoshop.
Launch skin arm as reference and create opacity mask (Black=invisible/White=visible), load that mask in skin arm opacity map.
On the timeline you can change strength to make hands visible/invisible...
As nails are a separate map, simply set opacity to zero as long your hands are masked/hidden.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/85e2efb6-f731-4a92-9434-aa9a.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3a46161b-229f-47ee-afc3-7738.png

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

shil
shil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)Veteran Member (554 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Got it.

Will definitely choose the opacity mask in iclone.

Thank you for yours answers and all the details.

shil

Reading This Topic