Profile Picture

Problem with Skin Weight Editing - Skin weight shifts from one part of the head to another

Posted By cinemyscope 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Problem with Skin Weight Editing - Skin weight shifts from one part of...

Author
cinemyscope
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi,
I have a problem with a collar.  When the head moves side to side the collar gets distorted.  The problem is that when I edit (erase) the skin weight it gets actually shifted to another part of the head.  When I lock the parts of the head after painting out the skin weight it just gets moved downward to head parts still unlocked until I get to the last part of the head which is CC Base Teeth 1 which then can't be edited.  The teeth now have all the skin weight to distort the collar and with all the other head parts locked above CC will not let me paint out the skin weights from the teeth.  In other words I always end up with the collar distortion CC just applies it to another face object and since they all move when the head rotates there is no difference - the collar keeps distorting.

I'm attaching some pics to illustrate the problem and to show how CC shifted the distortion from the neck bones down to the jaw bone.  Once cleared there it will keep going transferring it to the eyes, the tongue, teeth, etc.  There's got to be a way to fix this - I hopeSmilehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c5b1f902-4d15-40f9-afc8-b306.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3ebb8444-e139-4204-94ac-41e2.jpg - I hopeSmile

xenoblackinc
xenoblackinc
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)Senior Member (295 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
don't skin it to the head attach it to a bone as an accessory. trust me it works.
cinemyscope
cinemyscope
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thank you!
Could you elaborate on that workflow a bit?  Right now I put it onto the character an transfer the skin weights for a top/shirt.  I understand what you mean with leaving it as an accessory but for it to move with the character do I link it to all the upper body bones?

Once again, thank you for taking the time!

Reading This Topic