Profile Picture

Cartoon Animator 4 Manual

Posted By NoemiCollie 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NoemiCollie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is there some way to get ahold of a complete copy of the manual that can be read cover to cover?  This program appears to be extremely helpful, but the tutorials available are lacking in many ways; missing necessary information in procedures which make you have to basically figure it out on your own through trial and error.  Without being able to see the entire manual when you go to the manual page you are missing potential informaiton that might be necessary and you are not seeing on a particular page that might be relevant to what you are trying to do.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately we don't have a manual in traditional "cover to cover" book form. 

However, we do have a downloadable version of the online manual for use offline which can be convenient if you don't always have an internet connection. It can be downloaded from your Reallusion Account > Registration page by clicking the CTA4 Download link.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

zephyrrr
zephyrrr
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have the same problem with the online version. Because content is buried in multiple layers and the hierarchy is deep, I get lost when trying to reference specific information. I tried creating a pdf version with Acrobat DC but the program isn't able to execute the task with any layers that need to be twirled down. Unless I'm mistaken, the downloadable version doesn't solve the problem because it doesn't offer the content in a single layer. I would love to have a pdf version that makes navigating the manual a more continuous and fluid experience (in other words, that allows the user to scroll through the entire document, search for keywords and phrases, and directly access a page based on a table of contents that doesn't require the user to twirl down multiple levels). That being said, I think the manual provides valuable content and is well-written and comprehensive! I just can't access the information I need in a simple, practical way.
NoemiCollie
NoemiCollie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Exactly my experience.  Great program, although very very complicated.  It took me months of watching videos to be able to piece together just how to get my front view converted and usable.   I'm sure the program is even more powerful and exciting to use then most could ever determine simply because the manual is such a disaster, although as you said, it does seem to contain quite a bit of usual information if you can accidentally find the right search terms.  .  

Reading This Topic