Profile Picture

Leap Motion controller software - which version for Cartoon Animator do we use - Windows 10 - Is the...

Posted By DarylSeeley 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Leap Motion controller software - which version for Cartoon Animator...

Author
DarylSeeley
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, please can you clarify which version of the Leap Motion controller should we be using for Cartoon Animator 4.2
On the Leap Motion desktop set up page (https://developer.leapmotion.com/setup/desktop)
here there are two options: 
V2 (Legacy Desktop Apps) or V4 SDK (VR & New Development) 
Originally last Friday I posted on the Cartoon Animators FaceBook page asking this question and was informed that users were using Leap Motion V4 so I installed this which seemed to work with my characters hand and finger movements but I had a few unexpected glitchy results.

On Saturday I purchased the 
Leap Motion Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in from the Reallusion store
The following day I noticed an email from Reallusion (which I had not seen or read) this email was sent to me shortly after purchase and says
Thank you for choosing the Leap Motion Profile. Are you not sure how to get started? Well then, come and learn with the pros! We have video tutorials, manuals, and demo projects that are all free for you to learn from. 
Here we also have some important reminders for you:
  1. The latest Leap Motion Orion 4.0 driver is NOT COMPATIBLE with Motion LIVE yet. So please make sure that you download and install the Orion 3.2.1 driver HERE before installing Motion LIVE and the Leap Motion Profile. Also, note that you will need to sign up for a free account for this download.
  2. Please make sure to use the free MOCAP-READY TEMPLATES to start experiencing hand motion capture, because the correct initial arm and hand axes are crucial for ensuring consistent hand gesture movements. To know more on how to use arm and hand axes correctly, please see this Tutorial.
If you have any questions or further inquiries, then please feel free to contact the Reallusion Support Team.

Another user informed me last night that he had installed V4 and this was fully working on his Windows 10 system and that this email referred to iClone and not Cartoon Animator 4.2
The real reason for asking is that since upgrading to CA version 4.2 and adding both the Leap Motion control and Leap motion profile, I can no longer record Facial data using my iPhone as my system freezes up or hangs completely.

Since reading the email I have uninstalled V4 of Leap Motion and Motion LIVE and the Leap Motion Profile and then installed V3.2.1 after which I have restarted, then reinstalled Motion LIVE and the Leap Motion Profile and re started Windows. After three days since upgrading I am unable to record anything.

I am aware that the Leap Motion install may not be the problem...any ideas of how I can get to record again. 
Many thanks in advance Daryl
:

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

You can use the Leap Motion V4 SDK with Cartoon Animator 4.2. The tutorial below explains the setup process which should help resolve any initial problems.

https://youtu.be/zn_6cAG9Ia0

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

DarylSeeley
DarylSeeley
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)Veteran Member (800 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So why are Reallusion sending out emailing to customers following their purchases informing them that V4 was not compatible?

Reading This Topic