Play Audio while recording motion capture

Posted By yazkin 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
yazkin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Probably one of the more annoying things is not being able to listen to audio while recording motion capture with live2d. This makes motion sync tedious, having to either go back again and again for takes or playing the audio separately in a media player hoping to match it up. 

Can we get some type of fix or feature for this?

kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
yazkin (5/18/2020)
Probably one of the more annoying things is not being able to listen to audio while recording motion capture with live2d. This makes motion sync tedious, having to either go back again and again for takes or playing the audio separately in a media player hoping to match it up. 

Can we get some type of fix or feature for this?

Please make sure you connecting microphone, in the LIVE FACE (iPhone) case, you have to another microphone because CTA is not able to receive from iPhone audio.
And make sure you have updated to v4.2 and Motion LIVE 2D 1.1 that have fixed the audio recording issue, please refer to version history or release note.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a82aec8-e790-4596-8daf-2562.png
yazkin
yazkin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)Veteran Member (513 reputation)

That's not the issue I'm having. 

Imported audio files (.mp3) do not play while recording motion with Live2D. They only play when you hit the play button. 

It would make recording motion capture much easier if you could hear imported audio while doing so. 
Storycatstudios
Storycatstudios
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)

Hi there,

has this question been aswered anywhere: How can I listen to my tracks of the project and simultaneously record mocap with motionlive2d (Iphone) - I don't need to record audio, but since the character shall dance to the underlying music and react to the spoken words of other charakters, I would need to listen to the track while playing. Is this possible or not?

gs209945
gs209945
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)New Member (48 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yeah, this is a huge problem for me as well. I have some morphed heads I'd really like to animate to a prerecorded voice track.  Trying to add mocap without the ability to listen to the audio make this pretty much useless for me. 

Reading This Topic