Posted By Giovanny Arce 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
Giovanny Arce
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Question 1: Is it possible to create and sell content like clothing, accessories, hair, etc? I know based in the CC3 license I can't sell the character model itself, but I'm very curious if I can sell my other types of content in other stores like Artstation, Gumroad, Unity and Unreal both rigged or unrigged. I like the Reallusion store, but I prefer having control over my content flow and how is distributed instead of waiting and attach myself to limitations and restrictions in the application. 
Question 2: Let's say I buy the Cartoon Character Designer bundle. What's the best option of license if I just want to create content for that character, like hair for example? iContent? But what if I like to model my content in Blender? Do I have to pay for the Export license instead? And once I get the right license, can I use those characters from the cartoon bundle for my render shots of the created content like the hair for my marketing illustrations here in the Reallusion marketplace?
Question 3: Based on question 2, lets say I want to create a Patreon page, can I created content based on subscriptions and tiers and give those creations for free to my audience?

In all these 3 questions I completely understand I can't use the topology from CC3 or earlier topology, I just want to create custom content for the rest of the accesories etc...

Thx in advance.
Edited
4 Years Ago by AVATASH
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
AVATASH (5/11/2020)
Question 1: Is it possible to create and sell content like clothing, accessories, hair, etc? I know based in the CC3 license I can't sell the character model itself, but I'm very curious if I can sell my other types of content in other stores like Artstation, Gumroad, Unity and Unreal both rigged or unrigged. I like the Reallusion store, but I prefer having control over my content flow and how is distributed instead of waiting and attach myself to limitations and restrictions in the application.

If you create clothing, hair or accessories in a 3rd party tool like Blender, then you can sell the content anywhere you wish. However, if you bring that content into Character Creator and save it in CC or iClone formats then it can only be sold in the Reallusion Stores. In addition you are not permitted to sell any content that has been exported from either Character Creator or iClone in any 3rd party stores.

Question 2: Let's say I buy the Cartoon Character Designer bundle. What's the best option of license if I just want to create content for that character, like hair for example? iContent? But what if I like to model my content in Blender? Do I have to pay for the Export license instead? And once I get the right license, can I use those characters from the cartoon bundle for my render shots of the created content like the hair for my marketing illustrations here in the Reallusion marketplace?

If you intend to send any iClone or Character Creator content to Blender or any other 3rd party tool then you will need an export license. If the content is not to be exported then you only need an iContent license. If you do plan to sell content in the Reallusion Stores then you can certainly use render shots in the promotional material.

Question 3: Based on question 2, lets say I want to create a Patreon page, can I created content based on subscriptions and tiers and give those creations for free to my audience?

Please see my answer to question 1. You can't sell iClone or Character Creator content anywhere other than the Reallusion Stores.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Giovanny Arce
Giovanny Arce
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)Veteran Member (627 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/11/2020)
AVATASH (5/11/2020)

If you create clothing, hair or accessories in a 3rd party tool like Blender, then you can sell the content anywhere you wish. However, if you bring that content into Character Creator and save it in CC or iClone formats then it can only be sold in the Reallusion Stores. In addition you are not permitted to sell any content that has been exported from either Character Creator or iClone in any 3rd party stores.

If you intend to send any iClone or Character Creator content to Blender or any other 3rd party tool then you will need an export license. If the content is not to be exported then you only need an iContent license. If you do plan to sell content in the Reallusion Stores then you can certainly use render shots in the promotional material.

Please see my answer to question 1. You can't sell iClone or Character Creator content anywhere other than the Reallusion Stores.

Understood, thanks a lot for the response, I was a bit confused with that, now it makes perfect sense. 
carlo1981
carlo1981
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)Veteran Member (593 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
hey Peter i would like to sell my items over the reallusion store, how i can contact anyone ? or how is this working, thats bad declared. would be nice if you can help me. thanks sir

edit: support showed me the right waya, thnaks BigGrin
Edited
4 Years Ago by carlo1981

Reading This Topic