Importing DAZ props

Posted By gordryd 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gordryd
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 2:45 AM
Hi.  I've never used DAZ before and see they have many interesting props. 
1) Some are only provided in .DUF format -- does DAZ free version allow you to export .DUF as .FBX?
2) Also, do assets require DAZ "Interactive License" to export/use in iClone?

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You can export props as FBX, similar to what you do for characters. 

You will need 3DXchange to convert and probably adjust texture settings. I don't think that a special license for use is needed for use in iClone. Games are another matter.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
Actually, all you need is iClone (drag and drop the FBX into it from Daz).

Now -- textures won't come in properly (hopefully to be fixed soon in a new version).  The only way to get ALL the textures is either to use my Python routine or to import via CC3/Transformer.

But again, to reiterate -- you don't need/use 3DX (better if you don't, as it will often choke on file size).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:45 AM
Hi KT, just watched your Daz to iClone (via Blender) video.  You mentioned modifying the iClone Python script to perform the Blender part of the process.  Were you able to do that (I don't use Blender - maybe someday when I get a better PC)?  And if so, where would I find that script (or the existing script)?
Thanks!

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
I do have a Python script that runs inside of iClone to import the textures - not perfect and you might want to look at some of my other tutorials that explain a TON of things about this process (subbing my channel will be helpful).

I'm hopeful that one day (soon) iClone itself will do the same thing as my script -- that's what happened with CC3 when my script was incorporated into it.  In the meantime you can use mine with the understanding that when it's built-in it will be SO much better:

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic