Profile Picture

Unable to lock the pins

Posted By jukka_645794 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jukka_645794
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm trying to add pins to the image (root activated). The pins do not lock to the object. In other words the object moves freely.
The character has several parts.
I treied to follow tutorials with no luck.

I made a test and opened jus one image and then I was able to add pins and they functioned properly.

What to do?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Can you post a screenshot or short video showing the problem. It will be much easier to identify the problem if we can see what is happening onscreen. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jukka_645794
jukka_645794
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7691af9a-0237-4317-b79a-8f3d.png
jukka_645794
jukka_645794
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

In this image I've rotated blue bone. The whole character rotates.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for posting the screenshot.

This shows the bone you are trying to rotate is essentially the hip bone in the center of the character. This has the greatest effect on movement and even though the pins are there this rotation point overrides the pins.

As a test, try selecting and rotating the head bone. This should rotate with less influence on the pinned area because it is further away so the influence is reduced.

To try and resolve the problem, try to keep the pins away from the bone. In your screenshot you don't need the pins in the center of the body. However you do need more pins around the edges and especially along the bottom of the image. The pins should also be much closer together like in the image below. Do give it a try and see how you get on.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fda62a08-3c25-4db0-84bf-aea9.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
jukka_645794
jukka_645794
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the tip!
I made a new skeleton and started from feet up to head and placed pins only on the bottom. Then I rotated torso from pelvis. Now the pins keeps the bottom in place.
There are several things which you do not see in tutorials. Everything seems very fluent. 

Reading This Topic