Profile Picture

from daz3d to 3DXchange clothing issue

Posted By sidkaramat 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sidkaramat
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
if i transfer a daz character via 3dXchange I can't use clothing items, is there any option available for that.
My scenario is, via Character character i loose details of my character. Via 3DXchange i get some details saved. Now if I save clothing props in IClone for the version i used from Character creator, i can't use those clothes on my 3dXchange exported version. Actually i can't use anything.

NOTE: As anigamic mentioned, it's quite possible to export a clothed character. My question relates to changing those clothes with already existing or with the ones imported using Character creator in iClone.

Thanks
Edited
4 Years Ago by sidkaramat
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Isn't there an export option in DAZ to export the clothing with the character? I don't have a current DAZ version, but an older one had: "Merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton".

It should be possible because I have used it in the past. This is the only way, though. It is now a non-standard human character with which you cannot use separate clothing items.

In other words, you would need pressing reasons to do it this way because you lose control over all kinds of clothing aspects as it is now just part of the character mesh.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sidkaramat
sidkaramat
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (4/24/2020)
Isn't there an export option in DAZ to export the clothing with the character? I don't have a current DAZ version, but an older one had: "Merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton".

It should be possible because I have used it in the past. This is the only way, though. It is now a non-standard human character with which you cannot use separate clothing items.

In other words, you would need pressing reasons to do it this way because you lose control over all kinds of clothing aspects as it is now just part of the character mesh.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Sorry i forgot mentioning that I can export clothes using 3DXchange. I want to use other clothes like already existing or the ones I imported using Character Creator. 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
To use anything in CC3 you need a CC3 avatar. The only way to do that with a non-CC3 avatar is to use Transformer to transfer it into CC3 (it remaps it onto a CC3 avatar).  You can do this with Genesis figures from Daz and from Hivewire.

But that's your only option.  You can't use XChange for an avatar and then bring it into CC3.  It will be a non-standard avatar and can exist only in iClone.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic