Making a CC.base?

Posted By Haratio 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Haratio
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So I bought the Skeleton avatar/cloth character from the marketplace. How it  works as near as I can tell is it is like a body outfit that makes the CC.base invisible and makes a 3d picture of a skeleton on top of the base body. 
It totally makes my CC3 lock up like right now. Plus I notice from purchasing the Orc, and Ogre Z brush learning asset packs that I/you/anybody can take a cc character and send them into Z Brush, and or Blender, ect. But especially strait into Z brush.

Now this is great, but the basic rule is (,) and I mean big comma, You can stretch, push, carve, cut, add, subtract digital modeling clay on that character all you want. You can change the color, you can do a crapload of things, and again (Big Comma), You can not change the vert number on the mesh. The cc.base has to maintain its vert integrity. 

So lets say that I wanted to make a Skeleton character. (An actual Skeleton Character). A 3D model of a skeleton. The advantage of the cc.base would be that you have the bone rig for one thing. I dont think though that you could transform a cc base into a shape that complex with keeping the vert count the same, and or I think you would have problems with the shapes of the bones, and they would need way more verts and subdivision to make the shapes and such.
So what I am asking is, would it be possible to create a cc.base. This way you could make things like a Skeleton Character, and or like a Humanoid with like 4 arms and hands and modify the bone rig? 

I have a really cool Scorpion and Giant Spider character that I would love to be able to put in CC3. I can put them in I clone but If I could put them in CC3 I could use CC3 assets with them.
I'm I just chasing a pipe dream?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 22 minutes ago
The skeleton is "clothing" in this case. It is not the body mesh. You can do all kinds of tricks with clothing, including having it be inside the body, or even an exact copy of the body.
Haratio
Haratio
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)Veteran Member (806 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
That is what I thought. I have bought a skeleton model from Daz and it is not a Genesis figure. I was, and am interested in how to model something like this, and make it a CC base. I dont know if it could be done short of If I owned the Damn Company. I can make models like this and put them in iCLone, but it would and could be beneficial to be able to put them into CC3 to outfit them.

Reading This Topic